Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: heat shrink tubing [michael Hatch] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
michael Hatch wrote:
Silly idea, but what about golf club grips...........
Why didn't I think of that? Easy to put on with golf grip tape and spray, then trim with a knife.

The more people I encounter the more I love my cats.
Quote Reply
Re: heat shrink tubing [rruff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rruff wrote:
Tom_hampton wrote:
If you are going over bare 22.2 mm tubing then you need the 30mm stuff. The 40mm won't shrink enough to be tight.

Pretty sure I bought 30mm. It fit fine at first; seemed very tight, then loosened up with use. Tried heating it up a couple more times; same result. Finally got it so hot it burnt. Didn't help. Cut them off and tried again with friction tape under the heat shrink and that didn't help either. The outer grip was poor anyway when they got wet so I didn't see the point of pursuing it further.

I'm using Hed racket tape at the moment. Very thin and great grip. Cheap too.

I used to use racket tape (Gamma Grip 2). Great feel, but not as durable as I'd like. I've gone to using Silicone "rescue tape". It fuses to itself, but doesn't stick to the bar, so it's easy to remove. Cheap. Grippy. Lots of color options. Super thin. No cushion or damping though, just grip.

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Re: heat shrink tubing [jazzymusicman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I received mine yesterday. 22.2-it fits over tube but is tight and may require some manipulation perhaps mostly because it currently has a folded crease on it (maybe needle nose pliers or the like to tug) to get past first inch or so of extensions. I’m going to go back to think LS bat tape. If anyone wants this stuff in red or black, I’ll send it to you for free if you cover shipping (which I anticipate will be under $4 for most of US).
Quote Reply
Re: heat shrink tubing [DFW_Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Inspired by this thread I started googling other sources of grippy bands of the right diameter. I found silicone vape rings the slip right on to 22mm bars and grip firmly and are tacky themselves. I bought 20 from AliExpress and they seem to work fine.
Last edited by: mikemelbrooks: Feb 28, 20 8:52
Quote Reply
Re: heat shrink tubing [michael Hatch] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
michael Hatch wrote:
Silly idea, but what about golf club grips...........
Like this?

The more people I encounter the more I love my cats.
Quote Reply
Re: heat shrink tubing [mikemelbrooks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mikemelbrooks wrote:
Inspired by this thread I started googling other sources of grippy bands of the right diameter. I found silicone vape rings the slip right on to 22mm bars and grip firmly and are tacky themselves. I bought 20 from AliExpress and they seem to work fine.

Did one of my extensions with silicone rings (finger-sized versions of livestrong bands). Easy to get in bulk from China.

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Re: heat shrink tubing [rruff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We are a manufaturer of this product non-slip heat shrink tubing for fishing in China, we could also ship directly from China without minimum order quantity. Maybe you could try us at http://www.heatshrink.co.nz.

rruff wrote:
lyrrad wrote:
Try using the fishing rod heatshrink, it has a grip surface on it.

If it's this stuff, I found it to be abysmal. Slippery surface and wouldn't even stick to the bars (would rotate).

Quote Reply

Prev Next