Re: Feeling lazy.... [JasoninHalifax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Summer will be here before you know it, and this will be you in shorts;

Quote Reply
Re: Feeling lazy.... [Tom_hampton] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tom_hampton wrote:
JasoninHalifax wrote:
Went to get on the bike after the kids were in bed, and I have a flat tire and no spare tube....

Srsly? That is some weak sauce.

Replaced the tube, but I did an extra 1500m at the end of practice tonight, incl a 900m kick set. I’m tired now....

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Oh. My. God.

Ride the damn bike!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JasoninHalifax wrote:
confession time - I haven't even touched the bike since before Christmas. It's been sitting on the trainer, waiting for me. :( I should be getting on it, I know I'll be happy once I do, but the thought of starting.... well, I always manage to find a reason to NOT do it. Laundry, or cleaning the house, or another 5 mins of the videogame I'm playing (I just level capped Borderlands 3), or just one more round of sudoku....

I really should be getting on it. I want to.... I just don't.

Kick my ass so I get on that bloody thing tonight.

I am similar as I have ridden my bike maybe 4 times (in training) since I got back to Oz from Thailand in December. I know it is because after the cyclist friendly roads and people in SE Asia,I have developed a fear of riding in Oz.It is totally irrational but I have so many bad experiences over the years that I forget the great rides I've done here.I have programmed all kinds of local rides into my Garmin 1030 but can't get out the door.

So silly as I live on the Ultraman Oz bike and run course here on the Sunshine Coast and can literally see part of both when I am lap swimming every day.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I signed up for a 70 mile ride on March 7th. That got me back in gear. Been back on the bike trainer at least twice a week for a month. Find a group ride or organized bike event and pay money for it. That’ll get you back in gear.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JasoninHalifax wrote:
confession time - I haven't even touched the bike since before Christmas. It's been sitting on the trainer, waiting for me. :( I should be getting on it, I know I'll be happy once I do, but the thought of starting.... well, I always manage to find a reason to NOT do it. Laundry, or cleaning the house, or another 5 mins of the videogame I'm playing (I just level capped Borderlands 3), or just one more round of sudoku....

I really should be getting on it. I want to.... I just don't.

Kick my ass so I get on that bloody thing tonight.

Without doing a study, I know the unifying characteristic of all successful triathletes is that they are consistent. Day in day out. Week after week. Month after Month. You get my point. I’ve been that consistent over a 3 yr span and I am having the best results of my adult life in my 40’s. You just have to figure out what motivates you to be consistent.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JasoninHalifax wrote:
Tom_hampton wrote:
JasoninHalifax wrote:
Went to get on the bike after the kids were in bed, and I have a flat tire and no spare tube....

Replaced the tube, but I did an extra 1500m at the end of practice tonight, incl a 900m kick set. I’m tired now....

This. As a top Masters short distance fly swimmer, you are setting important goals in your main sport.
Don't feel guilty if you have little left for all the rest, other endurance sports, household duties, etc...
Did the snowstorm reach NS by now ? It doesn't matter, because you have a home trainer, and a new tube :-P !!

LOuis :-)
Quote Reply
Re: Feeling lazy.... [louisn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
louisn wrote:
JasoninHalifax wrote:
Tom_hampton wrote:
JasoninHalifax wrote:

This. As a top Masters short distance fly swimmer, you are setting important goals in your main sport.
Don't feel guilty if you have little left for all the rest, other endurance sports, household duties, etc...
Did the snowstorm reach NS by now ? It doesn't matter, because you have a home trainer, and a new tube :-P !!

LOuis :-)

I dunno about “top” masters swimmer, I get my butt kicked in practice all the time.

Yesterday was mostly rain / freezing rain and brutal winds. We lost a couple of branches in the backyard. Around 30,000 lost power, thankfully not us, but instead of cooking I ordered pizza just in case the power went out. Our usual spots had no power themselves, so I ordered Pizza Hut instead, it’s probably been 10 years since I had that. I had forgotten how greasy it is, I started tasting it again after 4K. Pizza Hut before practice, not recommended.

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply

Prev Next