Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Team Bloomberg Tweets... (Blatant Sanders Misinformation)
Quote | Reply
If this is meant to be humor... it's not well executed or communicated.

Quote Reply
Re: Team Bloomberg Tweets... (Blatant Sanders Misinformation) [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I chuckled.
To me it is just sad this is where politics resides.
Quote Reply
Re: Team Bloomberg Tweets... (Blatant Sanders Misinformation) [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ok, I’m enjoying Bloomberg's media campaign. Expressing admiration for a dictator should be called out. I was never impressed when I heard Trump express his admiration for dictators either.

Maybe Bloomberg ain’t so bad after all.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
With all the experience sanders has, it’s surprising that he is this dumb. With all his comments about Castro, he should know that he’s just giving Foxnews commentators an easy target.

The headline at the bottom on the screen on foxnews right now “Sanders doubles down on Castro praise amid mounting criticism”

Congrats Bernie, you just handed Florida to the Republicans.
Quote Reply
Re: Team Bloomberg Tweets... (Blatant Sanders Misinformation) [Calamityjane88] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Calamityjane88 wrote:
Ok, I’m enjoying Bloomberg's media campaign. Expressing admiration for a dictator should be called out. I was never impressed when I heard Trump express his admiration for dictators either.

It buggers reality that you can't acknowledge something that would in any other circumstances be acknowledged as a good if it was the result of some action by a political figure who otherwise generally did awful things. I don't know why you would want to do this as a politician unless you're discussing the good thing in some other context.
Quote Reply
Re: Team Bloomberg Tweets... (Blatant Sanders Misinformation) [ChiTownJack] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ChiTownJack wrote:
With all the experience sanders has, it’s surprising that he is this dumb. With all his comments about Castro, he should know that he’s just giving Foxnews commentators an easy target.

The headline at the bottom on the screen on foxnews right now “Sanders doubles down on Castro praise amid mounting criticism”

In fairness, it probably doesn't matter. I can't see Bernie beating Trump regardless. Got to figure the majority of Democrats would be at best lukewarm to him, most undecided voters won't go for him. So it basically comes down to how strong is the "anybody but Trump" sentiment to get the voters out.
Quote Reply
Re: Team Bloomberg Tweets... (Blatant Sanders Misinformation) [Calamityjane88] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Calamityjane88 wrote:

I suggest you don't look up Bloomberg's comments on China. Or is that a dictator we are ok with, I forget. Really confusing forgetting the dictators we are allowed to praise and which ones we are supposed to not even acknowledge what they have done.
Quote Reply
Re: Team Bloomberg Tweets... (Blatant Sanders Misinformation) [chaparral] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
chaparral wrote:
Calamityjane88 wrote:

I suggest you don't look up Bloomberg's comments on China. Or is that a dictator we are ok with, I forget. Really confusing forgetting the dictators we are allowed to praise and which ones we are supposed to not even acknowledge what they have done.

Let me guess, Bloomberg's got significant financial interests in China?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There are times when I think it would be nice to be able to acknowledge that everyone is a mixed bag, neither purely good nor purely evil.

However, I don’t think we can expect to do that in the context of a television interview. The format doesn’t allow for the development of more complicated ideas. The audience isn’t really primed to hear good things said about someone associated with widespread suffering. For many people, the widespread suffering is a wound and hearing good things said about the dictator is salt in the wound.

So, I say call it out. It’s not like we’re lacking in great people to admire.
Quote Reply
Re: Team Bloomberg Tweets... (Blatant Sanders Misinformation) [ChiTownJack] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ChiTownJack wrote:

-
Just under the largest story on their page right now at Politico:

https://www.politico.com/...cuba-comments-117213
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Calamityjane88 wrote:

He's not. 12 years as mayor of NYC he pretty much proved that he has his own thoughts on a lot of things and doesn't follow one party's rules. He is playing Democrat right now because he hates Trump and the Republican ticket is locked, but he isn't anymore a Democrat as he is Republican.

Hopefully more people will realize he is a good compromise for both sides.

As far as going up against Trump, if it comes to fruition that will be fun to watch. Trump is no match for Bloomberg in any category.

"...the street finds its own uses for things"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think it would be obvious to anyone who's 1) on Twitter, and 2) following a politician on Twitter, that it was pointed humor, and not actual quotes from Bernie Sanders. Given the audience, and the fact that it plays on what Bernie actually said, I have no problem with it at all.

If it ran as a prime time ad during America's Got Talent, then yeah, that message directed at that audience might be a bit over the line. It's like telling a filthy joke to your drinking buddies versus your grandmother in law. Know your audience.

The devil made me do it the first time, second time I done it on my own - W
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Let me get this straight, Bernie says something positive about Cuba's literacy program and perhaps its health care system, and that is supposed to end with Sanders NOT getting the nomination and Americans still have no health care (or very expensive) and no improvement to education. Thats politics for ya.
Quote Reply
Re: Team Bloomberg Tweets... (Blatant Sanders Misinformation) [ThisIsIt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ThisIsIt wrote:
chaparral wrote:
Calamityjane88 wrote:

Quite a few terminals subscriptions. Worth reading:
https://www.reuters.com/...dUSBRE86306820120704
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
GreenPlease wrote:
ThisIsIt wrote:
chaparral wrote:
Calamityjane88 wrote:

What does “terminals subscriptions” mean? I don’t understand those words together.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Calamityjane88 wrote:
GreenPlease wrote:
ThisIsIt wrote:
chaparral wrote:
Calamityjane88 wrote:

What does “terminals subscriptions” mean? I don’t understand those words together.

1500 a month per
Quote Reply
Re: Team Bloomberg Tweets... (Blatant Sanders Misinformation) [ThisIsIt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ThisIsIt wrote:
ChiTownJack wrote:

In fairness, it probably doesn't matter. I can't see Bernie beating Trump regardless. Got to figure the majority of Democrats would be at best lukewarm to him, most undecided voters won't go for him. So it basically comes down to how strong is the "anybody but Trump" sentiment to get the voters out.

Bernie has the ear of a lot of young people who typically sit out the vote. He has a lot of support, and I think, at the end of the day, he is your best shot at a D winning.

Bloomberg and Biden will inspire the same typical apathy towards politics and a lot of voters will just stay home. I do not believe Sanders supporters would vote for either, and right now, that's looking like a shit ton of people.

Long Chile was a silly place.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So, Bloomberg’s terminal subscriptions (to the tune of $20k/yr) are blocked by Chinese gov’t because of the Bloomberg news story about the millionaire head of people’s party? Why didn’t you just say so!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Calamityjane88 wrote:
So, Bloomberg’s terminal subscriptions (to the tune of $20k/yr) are blocked by Chinese gov’t because of the Bloomberg news story about the millionaire head of people’s party? Why didn’t you just say so!

Sigh

She would not comment on whether Bloomberg was in talks with the government over the issue, but said “there is no impact” to the company’s other services, including terminal feeds used by clients to access economic data and news.
Quote Reply
Re: Team Bloomberg Tweets... (Blatant Sanders Misinformation) [windywave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
Calamityjane88 wrote:

Sigh

She would not comment on whether Bloomberg was in talks with the government over the issue, but said “there is no impact” to the company’s other services, including terminal feeds used by clients to access economic data and news.

Sigh

So what’s the goddamn point? When you guys use industry specific terms and single word explanations, it’s a little hard to know what you’re talking about. When I discuss things in my field, I try to explain it in layman’s terms. That’s just polite! Where’s that thread about annoying people! [Fume, fume!]
Last edited by: Calamityjane88: Feb 25, 20 20:22
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Calamityjane88 wrote:
windywave wrote:
Calamityjane88 wrote:

Sigh

Sigh

So what’s the goddamn point? When you guys use industry specific terms and single word explanations, it’s a little hard to know what you’re talking about. When I discuss things in my field, I try to explain it in layman’s terms. That’s just polite! Where’s that thread about annoying people! [Fume, fume!]

The sigh was because you didn't bother to read the article before flailing around for an answer. The quote I excerpted from the article explicitly stated terminals weren't affected. He also linked directly to a website that details what the terminals are.

The point he was making is two fold... one there are a lot of terminals in China paying 20K a month per i.e he gets money from them and independently the Chinese are censoring Bloomberg's website.

ETA ... think of a terminal as an old school Lexus terminal and the website as just any ole news website
Last edited by: windywave: Feb 25, 20 20:45
Quote Reply
Re: Team Bloomberg Tweets... (Blatant Sanders Misinformation) [windywave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
Calamityjane88 wrote:
windywave wrote:
Calamityjane88 wrote:

Sigh

Sigh

The sigh was because you didn't bother to read the article before flailing around for an answer. The quote I excerpted from the article explicitly stated terminals weren't affected. He also linked directly to a website that details what the terminals are.

The point he was making is two fold... one there are a lot of terminals in China paying 20K a month per i.e he gets money from them and independently the Chinese are censoring Bloomberg's website.

ETA ... think of a terminal as an old school Lexus terminal and the website as just any ole news website

I DID read the article, just not carefully. Who says I have to read things carefully?

What does all this have to do with Bloomberg’s entertaining tweets? This was a fun thread that turned into a crazy nightmare of strange plural words.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Calamityjane88 wrote:
windywave wrote:
Calamityjane88 wrote:
windywave wrote:
Calamityjane88 wrote:

Sigh

Sigh

I DID read the article, just not carefully. Who says I have to read things carefully?

What does all this have to do with Bloomberg’s entertaining tweets? This was a fun thread that turned into a crazy nightmare of strange plural words.

See post 8
Quote Reply
Re: Team Bloomberg Tweets... (Blatant Sanders Misinformation) [LCtriguy1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
LCtriguy1 wrote:
ThisIsIt wrote:
ChiTownJack wrote:

Bernie has the ear of a lot of young people who typically sit out the vote. He has a lot of support, and I think, at the end of the day, he is your best shot at a D winning.

Bloomberg and Biden will inspire the same typical apathy towards politics and a lot of voters will just stay home. I do not believe Sanders supporters would vote for either, and right now, that's looking like a shit ton of people.

I don't know. Relying on a big turn out from a demographic that doesn't usually turn out vs. a bunch of people staying home from demographics that do turn out but find you unappealing seems like a real long shot. Like I said above, it seems like it would basically come down to motivating people to get out based on how much they dislike Trump.
Quote Reply