Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Old guy needs help picking next GPS watch [TJ56] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TJ56 wrote:
I'm an old guy and I love my vivoactive HR. Not sure how the HR differs than the 3 model but the HR model has served me well for all my pool swims, all my runs, and my gravel rides. It won't record open water swims which is fine by me and it doesn't do power/cadence on my tri bike in which case I use my 520. What I really like about the HR is that I wear it as my everyday watch so it's always available to me for activities and it also records steps, HR, and sleep data <- which us old guys need to track too!

Another old guy here who likes his Vivoactive HR.

To the OP, if you don't know about the DC Rainmaker website, you should check it out. It has very good, very detailed reviews on sports watches.
Quote Reply
Re: Old guy needs help picking next GPS watch [konaboysteve] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I went from a Garmin 920XT to a Garmin 935 last year. It has a very long battery life and it's multi-sport friendly. The wrist HR monitor might not be 100% accurate, but it gives good relative values. From an old guy's perspective, the switchology with the five buttons on the watch is straightforward and the bluetooth connection with my iPhone has been 100% reliable. I'm very happy with the 935.

"Human existence is based upon two pillars: Compassion and knowledge. Compassion without knowledge is ineffective; Knowledge without compassion is inhuman." Victor Weisskopf.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Garmin Fenix 5 or 6

https://www.strava.com/...tes/zachary_mckinney
Last edited by: plant_based: Feb 27, 20 20:10
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Many thanks to all who have replied. I've enjoyed and taken to heart the many comments and experiences. I'm strongly investigating the 935 at this point. For me, hopefully a small learning curve and the price is in the ballpark - especially the refurbished watches.

Steve
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
735 has been fine for me for a few years now

never cared it doesn't have enough juice for an ironman - I use my bike computer on the bike anyways
and i'm never needing that much battery life for like 99.999999% of my yearly activities anyways
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wife has 735 and loves it. I had the 235 and bought the 245m since I also like music when I run. Garmin products have been great for our family for years with minimal issues. The current devices have great connectivity and functionality for our purposes. I do have dedicated garmin bike units with no issues as well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Polar Vantage M is great value, and will give you all the feedback you are looking for. Very user friendly and well designed.
Quote Reply

Prev Next