Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How are you and how was your week? February 24 Edition
Quote | Reply
How are you? How was your week?

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? February 24 Edition [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hiiiiii everyone!

Thanks for getting us started TC.

I'm fine. Busy, and getting tired of being busy. Workouts have so far in this cycle of busy-ness been a great way to blow off steam. I hit all my goals last week (after moving a swim).

This week its:
M: easy 1500 swim
T: RESTYEAHDAWG!
W: Run speedwork and prehab my lower bits (feet, ankles, calves)
Th: 1 hr. threshold ride and squats
F: Swim and pushups
Sa: Long ride and short run, prehab my lower bits
Su: Long run and strength

.... Notice anything about this week? Anything at all....?

NO PLANKS OH GOD I FINISHED THE CURSED PLANK CRAZE

Formerly GiantNewb, but not such a newb anymore.
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? February 24 Edition [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for getting us started, Dr. Tigerchik.

While I hit all my goals last week my race was an epic disaster -- this was my first time racing an open 13.1 and I joked that unless I royally screwed it up I was guaranteed a PR without a swim and a bike... but I didn't even manage that :face_palm:

It was such a dumpster fire that I am sure it was a fluke which helped me brush it off instead of being filled with existential dread, crippling self doubt, and anxiety about what what I'm capable of. I also won't have to take any time off because I ran slightly further but slower than my usual Sunday long run. Laugh so you don't cry.

So it's back to normal this week and I'll be on the lookout for another 13.1 before my first 70.3 in an attempt to redeem myself.

Happy training!

(Formerly SoCalTricurious, now in the PNW).
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? February 24 Edition [TwoDollarSteak] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TDS - Sounds like a total fluke, and now you've gotten it out of the way! Onward!
BingTri - yay, plank craziness is DONE.
Dr TC - how are you doing?

My goals were: swim x 3, bike x 3, run x 4, core x 2. I did it all, except for 1 core session. It felt like one of those solid weeks where everything got done, even if it didn't feel fantastic. The highlight was probably hitting all my 130% FTP intervals. We also had a nice weekend with some excellent food and cocktails.

This week: swim x 3, bike x 3, run x 3, core x 2. There's apparently a Texas low headed in our general direction so I'm hoping there isn't too much wet snow to shovel.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Trying to get back at this. Got a new computer for my b-day (today) a couple of weeks ago, and am trying to get everything back in typical order.
Last week: Swam 2x, was going for 3x, but GI tract said no. No biking, went to the track Tuesday & forgot my shoes walked one lap in my work shoes, then finished off what I could by run/walking on the field (artificial turf) barefoot, as the track was just a little too much for my bare feet. Saturday- spent the day "chasing" a bunch of new triathletes at our local reverse triathlon (took a lot of good pictures) and only got a little wet, as the predicted rain stayed away for the most part. Yesterday-got a lot of walking in, went to Disneyland with my sister.
This week- today - usually a swim day, but off due to my b-day. Tuesday-chiro & run (shoes are already in my car), Wednesday & Friday-swim, Thursday-run, Sat-bike, Sun- run.
Trying to be a bit more run focused, as I am thinking about doing my first marathon next year...I am so not a runner, but I will run for Disney bling.

check out my blog http://theswimmingtriathlete.com
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? February 24 Edition [SDCali] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Happy birthday!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey womens. It has been A Couple of Weeks.

BingTri, congrats on ending the plank homework. Do you feel any stronger?
TDS, sorry to hear your race went badly, but it sounds like it definitely was a fluke. At least you got that out of the way and can focus on the next one.
Scheherazade, sounds like a nice, solid week. It feels good to bank those even if they aren't anything spectacular. And I am probably going to get the same storm you are, which ... I am not looking forward to.
SDCali, happy birthday! Way to try to get it done even after forgetting your shoes. I haven't forgotten shoes yet, knock on wood, but have forgotten socks and/or a sports bra TOO MANY TIMES.
Dr. T, hope you are well.

I didn't make it here last week because the last couple of weeks were a lot. I had a big work event that, while it was extremely stressful planning it, the actual event went off without a hitch. I am also closing this chapter of my professional life (more details later) but the new chapter, shall we say, is taking its sweet time getting me the details, and as a result I am getting nervous and also losing a bit of my faith in it. And then, I got sick as a dog later in the week with a fever, super congested, itchy and sneezy, the works. I was mad because not only did we have beautiful weather on the days I was stuck inside, but I had to cancel a lot of plans, including hanging out with my mom and meeting our friends' new baby, who I probably won't get to meet now before they leave for an extended vacation. :....( Super bummer. I did feel well enough to grocery shop yesterday (although I needed a nap afterward) and am back at work today so that is a bit of good news.

My indoor triathlon two Sundays ago was a ton of fun. I did better than my test swim earlier that week, I supposedly led my bike wave although my distance was "adjusted" later from km to miles, and I felt good on the run, so that was about the best possible outcome. They didn't do awards but we got to hang out with an old friend, have a good time, and get back home early enough that the whole day wasn't shot. I wish more gyms did these -- I forgot how much fun they are.

I hope all of you have a good week with only beneficial germs and no snowstorms wreaking havoc.

http://mediocremultisport.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi everyone! New to the forum and technically triathlon, I've done a couple sprints in the past, but never with real training. Currently aiming for olympic distance, since I need a goal to get out an exercise.

Past week was pretty good as I try and figure out when the best times to work out are (probably will always be the case).
Monday - rest
Tuesday - 8.5mi bike ride (wanted ten but misjudged the hill I planned to go up so had to turn back a little sooner)
Wednesday - Ran 5mi and then joined some friends who lead me in the hardest ab WO I've done that left me sore for the rest of the week. Definitely showed me how out of shape I am lol.
Thursday - Swam a total of 950yds trying to work on speed
Friday - Track workout of 8x400m to try and see if I can get my mile time down. Again misjudged my fitness.
Saturday - 13mi bike easy
Sunday - Swam a total of 1350yd working on endurance

Only really started working out at the beginning of this month, but happy with getting out there and doing it. Excited to "meet" all of you too!
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? February 24 Edition [hyfall] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Welcome! Have you already signed up for an Olympic? Sounds like a decent week given you're still getting into the swing of things.
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? February 24 Edition [Scheherazade] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not yet, my brother and I picked one out in July but haven't signed up yet. Should get on that before they raise the price again. Since it's so far out there's a couple sprints that I have my eye on as "warm up" events.

And yeah, writing it all out I realized that I definitely have good amount volume for getting started, but hoping to go fast. Completion is only the primary goal because without it I can't see what my time is. I should probably have a specific goal for time, but not sure what is reasonable for me to achieve so hoping to go in feeling strong and fast and see what happens.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hello all!

Congrats on the plank challenge, BingTri!
TDS, sorry about the race, but maybe you just got the bugs out early on in the season and you'll have great races from here on out.
Scheherazade, nice looking week!
SDCali, happy birthday!!
Midtown Miles, that's a lot in a couple of weeks! I hope the new chapter details come in soon, and congrats on the indoor tri.
hyfall, welcome!

I'm plugging along. I have had some major student drama in the last week that was just becoming a ridiculous time suck. I finally had to basically cut it all off, which caused more drama. I was exhausted from it, but I think the worst is over. I am apparently really bad at recognizing when a boundary starts to be crossed, and I only realize it at the 'oh shit' point. Other than that, I had an article hit print last week finally that I am really proud of, and has gotten an incredible amount of attention, so I am super excited.

This week:
Mon: Zwift ride, strength
Tues: 2200 swim
Wed: Zwift. I'm having to swap things around so I may not get the full 90' in, but I'll just do what I can
Thurs: 40' run, 2200 swim, strength
Fri: Rest
Sat: Shakeout
Sun: Publix 5k, and then cheer on Dr. Cupcake while she kicks ass at her half.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Happy...oh crap, THURSDAY Ladies!

I hope everyone is having a great week. As witnessed by this very tardy check-in, my week has been insanely busy. Mostly because tomorrow I'm off to ATL to watch the olympic marathon trials and run the Publix half with IronBae up there.

Last week's goal was to run a bunch, and I did! Hay is in the barn and all that, I think/hope.

This week's goal- RUN A HALF MARATHON!

M- 3mi run and 1600yd swim (check)
Tu- 40min Zwift (check)
W- 5mi run (check)
Th- 1900yd swim (also check!)
F- REST DAY OMG WHAT?
Sa- 30min shakeout run WITH QUEEN KARA GOUCHER
Su- 13.1 miles through Atlanta!

Level II USAT Coach | Level 3 USAC Coach | NASM-CPT
Team Zoot | Tailwind Trailblazer
I can tell you why you're sick, I just can't write you an Rx
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? February 24 Edition [Dr_Cupcake] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
wow, enjoy seeing Trials!

I'm ok - rough start to the week last week but doing better now. I did ALL the self care and talked to people in real life and it's helping.

Last week my goal was to swim more, but I didn't manage to get in the pool until Fri. due to various stuffs. I felt a lot better once I finally got there. I ran 51.3 miles in 7 runs and swam 2375 yds in three swims. I also did maybe 2.5 hrs on the stairmaster total.

Goal this week was same as last, swim more, which I am doing :D starting with the MIT pool today as I'm traveling for work. I don't often have access to that sort of facility and it was great. Looking forward to a couple more days of it. I also DIDN'T RUN TODAY and I'm super proud of myself, because I have been trying to run through an injury and I need to cut it out or cut it down. (Orthopedist is ok with some running FYI, but I've been doing too much).

Other goal is to keep up the self-care.

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How was your trip answers?
Quote Reply