Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: New IM - Sacramento [Blainyboy8] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No new official statements. Their stated goal (from the Regional Director) is that it will be a very fast course, we know the bike course will be flat and the run will have a large portion on the AR Bike Trail.

-------------------------
Dave Latourette
http://www.TTENation.com
Quote Reply
Re: New IM - Sacramento- Bike course up [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bike course is up, which pretty much tells you roughly where we will swim and I assume run downtown or the bike trail across the river. I am sure we will run over Tower bridge for the photo op.

Rather have swam at Natomas as the swim and run would be lovely. As expected the bike will be a snooze but no worries it all should be a hoot and hopefully cooler time of year.
Quote Reply
Re: New IM - Sacramento- Bike course up [Zippy303] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm totally unfamiliar with the area, but signed up and excited to race in a different location. There was chatter earlier about roads that were thought to be likely to be chosen for the route, but that had bad surface conditions. Anyone with insight on this bike course other than its flat?
Quote Reply
Re: New IM - Sacramento- Bike course up [IM-Yeti] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Have not ridden them but I google earthed them just now and this will be flat and fast. Could be windy (wind usually blows N or S so you would have a tail wind either way if its on). I would not worry about surface of the roads. They look fine and usually are. I live close by and will ride next month but this is not like IM New Zealand with seriously bumpy roads. I am sure the roads are fine.
Quote Reply
Re: New IM - Sacramento- Bike course up [IM-Yeti] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
IM-Yeti wrote:
I'm totally unfamiliar with the area, but signed up and excited to race in a different location. There was chatter earlier about roads that were thought to be likely to be chosen for the route, but that had bad surface conditions. Anyone with insight on this bike course other than its flat?

I've ridden all of the course with the exception of the Waukeena/Netherlands stretch. It will be a wickedly fast course if there's no wind, which is possible. The pavement on Riverfront and Mill St. is great. South River Rd. from Mill St. to Village Parkway is so so. Village Parkway is great. Gregory is a bit worn out, but not terrible. South River Road from Gregory to Babel Slough is the sketchiest on the course in terms of potholes. Babel Slough is a kind of chip seal and is the roughest part of the course in terms of road surface (that I know of). When you get to Jefferson Blvd./84, you get to phenomenal asphalt. It's straight, flat, smooth as butter, and lightening fast all the way to the Solano County line, which is about 1/2 to 2/3 of the way down Ryer Ave. The pavement on the Ryer Ave. stretch from the county line to the turn around is fine, just not as great as what came before it. On the inbound route, the stretch of South Courtland Road between Jefferson/84 and Waukeena is rough, but it's pretty short. Again, I haven't ridden Waukeena/Netherlands. Clarksburg Road is generally good.

These roads are my go-to outdoor roads for most of the year. I can't express how great Jefferson is. And it's actually kind of scenic as you're ridding through orchards and vineyards. I can post photos later if you're interested.

Mike Sparks

I have competed well, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.
Last edited by: Sparks: Mar 19, 21 8:38
Quote Reply
Re: New IM - Sacramento- Bike course up [Sparks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sparks wrote:
IM-Yeti wrote:

I've ridden all of the course with the exception of the Waukeena/Netherlands stretch. It will be a wickedly fast course if there's no wind, which is possible. The pavement on Riverfront and Mill St. is great. South River Rd. is so so. Village Parkway is great. Gregory is a bit worn out, but not terrible. Babel Slough is a kind of chip seal and is the roughest part of the course (that I know of). When you get to Jefferson Blvd./84, you get to phenomenal asphalt. It's straight, flat, smooth as butter, and lightening fast all the way to the Solano County line, which is about 1/2 to 2/3 of the way down Ryer Ave. The pavement on the Ryer Ave. stretch from the county line to the turn around is fine, just not as great as what came before it. On the inbound route, the stretch of South Courtland Road between Jefferson/84 and Waukeena is rough, but it's pretty short. Again, I haven't ridden Waukeena/Netherlands.

These roads are my go-to outdoor roads for most of the year. I can't express how great Jefferson is. And it's actually kind of scenic as you're ridding through orchards and vineyards. I can post photos later if you're interested.

Great information. Thank you very much!
Quote Reply
Re: New IM - Sacramento- Bike course up [Sparks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Awesome. Thanks for the info. I did a quick google maps search and didn’t see a lot of good shoulders for a training ride on the course, but I’m guessing it’s plenty safe and good roads to ride if it’s some of your go to outdoor roads?
Thanks again for all your info. All the local knowledge we can get is great!
Quote Reply
Re: New IM - Sacramento- Bike course up [Blainyboy8] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Blainyboy8 wrote:
Awesome. Thanks for the info. I did a quick google maps search and didn’t see a lot of good shoulders for a training ride on the course, but I’m guessing it’s plenty safe and good roads to ride if it’s some of your go to outdoor roads?
Thanks again for all your info. All the local knowledge we can get is great!

You're right about the shoulders. There's a shoulder on South River Road and Village Parkway, and for a stretch of Gregory and River Road, but not much of one to speak of elsewhere. But the traffic on these roads is generally light. The light traffic is one of the main attractions for me. The other is the quality of the road surface.

Mike Sparks

Quote Reply
Re: New IM - Sacramento [TriSpencer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
New Swim course is up.

Point to point with what looks like a long ass T1 run. Interesting. Looks like you better have your swim navigations skills down. I suspect a crap ton of buoys, but kind of fun to point to point. Not thrilled about the T1, it looks like its in the ball park?
Quote Reply
Re: New IM - Sacramento [Zippy303] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Zippy303 wrote:
New Swim course is up.

Point to point with what looks like a long ass T1 run. Interesting. Looks like you better have your swim navigations skills down. I suspect a crap ton of buoys, but kind of fun to point to point. Not thrilled about the T1, it looks like its in the ball park?

That has the potential to be a very fast swim since you'll be heading downriver on both the American and Sacramento. But you're right, that's a long haul from the swim exit to T1. Despite what's shown on the map, I'd be kind of shocked if T1 was actually inside the stadium. It's more likely that it would be in the surface parking lots to the south of the stadium, but maybe I'm wrong.

Mike Sparks

Quote Reply
Re: New IM - Sacramento [Sparks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
T1 and T2 will be INSIDE the Stadium ... distance is not much different than Lake Placid

Dave Latourette
Quote Reply
Re: New IM - Sacramento [Dave Latourette] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dave Latourette wrote:
T1 and T2 will be INSIDE the Stadium ... distance is not much different than Lake Placid

Interesting. I wonder what they'll do to protect the field. As for the distance, I haven't done LP, but I have ridden my bike and run in the area around Sutter Health Park; that's a long haul.

Mike Sparks

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dave Latourette wrote:

I wonder what the longest T1 is because Tremblant is also a pretty good distance from swim exit to change tents.
Quote Reply
Re: New IM - Sacramento [Sparks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Like .3 Max to the entrance through centerfield on to the grass from waters edge on the North side of the bridge. The grass will be a non-issue, at Vineman 70.3 we used the outfield of a baseball field and the grass bounces back in < 1 week and the surface at the stadium is significantly more tolerant than what we had.

Dave Latourette
Last edited by: Dave Latourette: Jun 2, 21 14:03
Quote Reply
Re: New IM - Sacramento [Tri Bread] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not sure ... LP is about .25 from water to tent ... T1 at Wisco is pretty long with in total with the helix

IMCali will be about .3 (see my comment above) ... The race will be VERY fast so the transition distance will more than be a wash

Dave Latourette
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dave Latourette wrote:
Not sure ... LP is about .25 from water to tent ... T1 at Wisco is pretty long with in total with the helix

IMCali will be about .3 (see my comment above) ... The race will be VERY fast so the transition distance will more than be a wash

I estimate that Tremblant is just under .5 km or .3 miles fwiw
Quote Reply

Prev Next