Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: I'm ready for the IM Vintage Bike Division [axlsix3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
axlsix3 wrote:
How about taking all the time savings touted by modern equipment marketing today and then use that as the time bonus. We've all seen it right? Zipp wheels with dimples will save xx minutes over 40k, Cervelo frames will save xx minutes, aero helmets, etc. etc.

Been there done that, spent assloads of money on my bike to take 741st place (44th AG) in my last IM. I currently have a "new bike" stash fund that's getting close too a new super bike... but am starting to rethink all this. Lets see, blow all that money, so that I can move up to something like 735th at my next IM. Ride the tri bike I have and take 741st again, or ride a sweet old nostalgic vintage bike, and take 810th place... or back to 741st with a time bonus for the willingness to pedal the old bike. I think it would add some fun. And I don't think average Joes having fun with old bikes, would threaten any podiums. Sure, we could just ride the old bikes anyways... but I think some incentive would make it even more fun, and tempting to others.

Athlinks / Strava
Quote Reply

Prev Next