Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: for a billion dollars.... [rrheisler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Get out while you're making something! //

Sold all by my last 300 shares today for 4.73. It was a nice profit, but I have to keep a little just in case. IF the rumor actually becomes true, it could pop back up to 8 bucks overnight, and I would be kicking myself. Harder than I would otherwise for getting out too soon!! But these are all free shares now, have been in and out 3 times with pretty good gains, so there is that..
Quote Reply
Re: for a billion dollars.... [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
 "IF the rumor actually becomes true"

whats the rumor?
Quote Reply
Re: for a billion dollars.... [Blainyboy8] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
oh sorry. i was thinking more into it, like you had heard rumors of who a new potential buyer would be!
yes i have been following this post closely, i personally think its fascinating to see what may or may not happen to WTC. could be pretty influential for us....
Quote Reply
Re: for a billion dollars.... [Blainyboy8] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well there are several potential players interested in buying, the main point I suppose is that there is actual activity towards the sale direction. Really doesnt matter who buys it as far as the stock price goes, but it does matter to us of course..
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've had a sell order in place since I bought the stock on the last big dip. If it pops to 8 I will get a nice little bit of cash.

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply
Re: for a billion dollars.... (WSG Mulls IM sale) [mattsurf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not sure what stats you looking for.. but..

267,729 people have done more than 1 IRONMAN race
160,036 people have done only 1 IRONMAN Race

And..

259,166 people have done more than 1 IRONMAN 70.3 race
346,054 people have done only 1 IRONMAN 70.3 race
Last edited by: MercuryStorm: Feb 19, 20 14:34
Quote Reply
Re: for a billion dollars.... (WSG Mulls IM sale) [MercuryStorm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This is useful information, is there a data source?

I think what would be nice to see is the trend, 1st time IM athletes, year on year (absolute and percentage), with people who have done more than one IM, how many have they completed in the past 5 years

IM and 70.3 split and consolidated.

People talk about Ironman declining, but I've seen very little data to back this up
Quote Reply
Re: for a billion dollars.... [NordicSkier] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
NordicSkier wrote:
devashish_paul wrote:
cloy wrote:
Is the whole PTO consideration off the table? I didn't keep up with it, but I remember reading about it.

...yeah, great a bunch of pro athletes who know not that much about business trying to run a business spread across something like 50 countries. Good luck with that. If people had a beef with how the crew in Tampa don't run the sport well, then I can't wait to hear the moaning when a bunch of pro triathletes with limited business training try to run a business (and spend all their time our training rather than....you know....running the business).

This post shows you don't know anything about the PTO bid.

What he means is the PTO bid is a front for a PE bid (PTO doesn’t have millions of dollars)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This one just gets funny.

https://spark.adobe.com/page/f26frmFQZaPOy/

So, what PTO is saying is they don't want to pay the full value of the company and were still wanting a fire sale. Yeah, not gonna happen.

Also, negotiating in public like this is not in "good faith."

Quote Reply
Re: for a billion dollars.... [TheStroBro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TheStroBro wrote:

So, what PTO is saying is they don't want to pay the full value of the company and were still wanting a fire sale. Yeah, not gonna happen.

To be able to negotiate, you first need to be brought to the table, which WSG has not facilitated so far for PTO. This is what this letter is about, not negotiating, just we'll let anybody out there know you've still not engaged with us in return.
Quote Reply
Re: for a billion dollars.... [Diabolo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Of course they haven’t engaged with them. PTO needs to get out of their own way. If North Point or Micheal Moritz is actually serious they’d be sending the letters or getting on the phone to make an offer, not PTO.
Quote Reply
Re: for a billion dollars.... [Diabolo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Diabolo wrote:
TheStroBro wrote:

To be able to negotiate, you first need to be brought to the table, which WSG has not facilitated so far for PTO. This is what this letter is about, not negotiating, just we'll let anybody out there know you've still not engaged with us in return.

Why would you engage with an organization that has continuously disparaged you?

Quote Reply

Prev Next