Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Shoe Question
Quote | Reply
Ok - I have been out of the game for a while now. I am trying to figure out where to go with shoes. I am / have always run in the Brooks Adrenaline. They are OK. I've from what I can tell of the super shoe world there really isn't something out there for me. Whats the closest? Just a lightweight stability trainer/racer?
Quote Reply
Re: Shoe Question [caseys8527] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Try a NB 1080. Not a stability shoe but works for me.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You are going to get hundreds of suggestions. If you have a local running store check with them to see if they offer some sort of analysis of your particular style. Typically they have you run on a treadmill and offer shoe options based of this. They also should allow you to try on various models and possibly let run on the treadmill or outside around the store.
Quote Reply
Re: Shoe Question [vonschnapps] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Certainly - I agree with you there! I guess my question was - of the super shoes (Vaporfly/Carbon X, ETC)- which gives me the best chance to run in. From what I read I may be out of luck currently and better served by a light weight trainer?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Even with all of the hype and craziness, there is no super shoe. The best shoe is the one that fits your foot and is comfortable. First go find that comfortable shoe and start at a running store. Certainly if you want to try out one of the newer hyped shoes the options are growing. There is no best version, just dive into one of them and see what you like. Since you’ve been in the adrenaline, the Carbon X would be a good first try. It’s got the wide stable platform Hoka One One is known for.

Dave Jewell
Free Run Speed

Quote Reply