Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

I am selling all of my bicycle collection! Do not be afraid to make reasonable offers
Quote | Reply

Happy Valentines Day Everyone with lots of Love from California, USA!

It has been too long that I have not signed in Slowtwitch. I miss this forum and fellow riders who have been sharing riding experience very much. I have designing many super bikes and I feel so awful just have them ready to go but they have never got going.

I had over 100 vintage bikes that I have been collecting since the day I graduated and the day they came out of the bike shops and some that I was searching for to fulfill my dream. Now everything is accomplished and it has been hard for me decide to give them up and hopefully to some good fellow riders, not dealers. My heart is broken but once they are gone, they will be gone forever. The best thing in life is not just things, but these things can have strong feeling.

I do not know what to began on how I will sell them all because there are too much and too many to list. Please review the photos from my Flickr page. Please note that all of these photos were taken at that period in time. Some of them have minor scratches here and there from moving back and forth in display and some small parts are either upgrade or no longer available. But most of all they are still almost the same in the photos.

Please do ask any questions before offer. Most of the bikes have not been ridden and serviced over 15 to 20 years. I can send current photos of them upon request. Currently I recounted all of my bikes and they are down to 61. Some of them has not posted on Flickr yet. Some are in full bikes, some are partial build up, some are frame sets parted components and some are brand new in box and never get to be built and the original parts were suppose to be upgraded but I had no time..

If you have any advice on how to sell all of these bikes, please let me know. Excuse my English if I am not perfect. Thank you everyone and have safe rides. Here is my Flickr site:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/maxtbicycle/

`

Last edited by: maxtbicycle: Feb 14, 20 15:11
Quote Reply
Re: I am selling all of my bicycle collection! Do not be afraid to make reasonable offers [maxtbicycle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Have enjoyed seeing your collection for some time.

You should also contact the Lotus 110 club on Twitter. He'd probably be able to help get some of these beauties gone to good homes. And also "the UCI's Bandit Bikes" Facebook page... probably tons of interest there.

My Blog - http://leegoocrap.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Re: I am selling all of my bicycle collection! Do not be afraid to make reasonable offers [maxtbicycle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In what country or state or city are these bikes located? In other words, where would you be shipping them from? Are most of the bikes sized to fit you? If yes, how tall are you and what is your inseam?

Advanced Aero TopTube Storage for Road, Gravel, & Tri...ZeroSlip & Direct-mount, made in the USA.
DarkSpeedWorks.com.....Reviews.....Insta.....Facebook

--
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Holy shnikes dude - nice collection!

https://www.strava.com/...tes/zachary_mckinney
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Do you have a ZIPP bike with 700c in a mediumish ?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Awesome collection. Do you have sizes listed for them? I would be interested in at least 1 if the size was right.
Quote Reply
Re: I am selling all of my bicycle collection! Do not be afraid to make reasonable offers [Clutch Cargo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Clutch Cargo wrote:
Do you have a ZIPP bike with 700c in a mediumish ?

this is random, but... 2001's are pretty easy to convert from 650 to 700 if you find one in the right frame/beam size for you, so long as it has the track/rear facing dropouts. Just change out the fork to 700c and you're good to go.

My Blog - http://leegoocrap.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Re: I am selling all of my bicycle collection! Do not be afraid to make reasonable offers [Morelock] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Morelock,
Thank you for your reference. I have been buying but do not have experience in selling. I need to get my project going and I need lots of money. Hopefully I will get enough to get myself start.
Thank you.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I’d be super interested in one of the Lotus track frames!

Quote | Reply
If you really want to sell any of these bikes then please spend the time to provide full specifications and a price. Otherwise, we'll all just wait for you to send out the same classified next year.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

What size is the Corima?

Also, I am interested in a tri spoke, clincher, front wheel, 700c.

Thanks,

Hugh Blake

Once, I was fast. But I got over it.
Quote Reply
Re: I am selling all of my bicycle collection! Do not be afraid to make reasonable offers [Xing triathlete] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Xing triathlete wrote:
If you really want to sell any of these bikes then please spend the time to provide full specifications and a price. Otherwise, we'll all just wait for you to send out the same classified next year.

+1
Quote Reply
Re: I am selling all of my bicycle collection! Do not be afraid to make reasonable offers [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
+2.

I've sent PMs in the past as well as commented on posts, and had sincere interest, but never got a reply. Not sure about any of this, but I do still dream of owning a Lotus.
Quote Reply
Re: I am selling all of my bicycle collection! Do not be afraid to make reasonable offers [Zissou] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you everyone,

Sorry for the headache I have been giving you all. You all are great bikers and have been sincerely giving me advices and suggestions. Please ignore this forum subject. I am posting my ads on eBay and local ads. I have too much to list and too many questions to be answered. I am posting one by one as I am going through all inspection for condition and current setting. Some of the bikes dried out for not riding over 15 years and they need some tune up or sell as is at current condition. I have very limited time to do all these.

Thank you all and ride safe! Peace!
Quote Reply