Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Morf Tech is back!! Holy smokes
Quote | Reply
Have you guys seen their new instagram post? I can't share the picture here but it links to their website with a form to fill out. I've got my place in line.

http://www.morf-tech.com/
Last edited by: WileCyot: Feb 13, 20 10:32
Quote Reply
Re: Morf Tech is back!! Holy smokes [WileCyot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sorry to resurrect an older post. I recall the original inventor as having died in 2019 or so. Are these either still being produced, or has production restarted?
Quote Reply
Re: Morf Tech is back!! Holy smokes [chrisesposito] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
chrisesposito wrote:
Sorry to resurrect an older post. I recall the original inventor as having died in 2019 or so. Are these either still being produced, or has production restarted?

Frank, the inventor and founder of MORF Technologies, tragically passed in January 2019. The business was never shuttered but took a pause for about a year before Travis Miller and myself (Ben Mintz) took the reigns. We negotiated an agreement to pay for the inventory of unfinished components, hardware, and packaging as well as royalty payments on sales to Frank's wife and children. We have spent the last year pulling the manufacturing of many components in house as well as further refining the design. Travis and I are both engineers who worked under Frank in our day jobs. He was one brilliant individual and we were better for his mentorship. He is truly missed by everyone who knew him.

Travis and I both fully believe in Frank's mission to bring innovation and elegance together harmoniously. With that being said, we are committed to continuing what he started and provide a safer and more aerodynamic product to the market.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hope you get the weight down for hilly courses, but for flat and nontechnical, I’d love to ride them as they are right now.
Quote Reply
Re: Morf Tech is back!! Holy smokes [windschatten] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
windschatten wrote:
Hope you get the weight down for hilly courses, but for flat and nontechnical, I’d love to ride them as they are right now.

We have plans for some exotic materials but we can't say too much at this time. It drives the price up as well which isn't ideal but they would be incredibly light.

If you haven't had a chance to ride them, you're truly missing out.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hello! Availability?
You need to hire someone for PR and Marketing.
No, not me.
Last edited by: windschatten: Apr 11, 21 23:06
Quote Reply
Re: Morf Tech is back!! Holy smokes [windschatten] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
windschatten wrote:

Isn't it only ~250g heavier than most carbon bars? That's the difference between Di2 and AXS groupsets. Or DA and Ultegra. On a 20+lb tri bike, you can't even tell.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

What compatibility issue exist and the installation process like if you have a bike with a stem that isn't the traditional road bike type? I've got a Cervelo P5x from 2018. It's not like I'd be the one doing it (I'd take it to the shop I bought it from), but is it described in enough detail somewhere that they could do it?

Where would a Garmin bike computer be mounted with your bars installed? Straight out from the stem?

Thanks,
Chris
Quote Reply
Re: Morf Tech is back!! Holy smokes [chrisesposito] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
chrisesposito wrote:

What compatibility issue exist and the installation process like if you have a bike with a stem that isn't the traditional road bike type? I've got a Cervelo P5x from 2018. It's not like I'd be the one doing it (I'd take it to the shop I bought it from), but is it described in enough detail somewhere that they could do it?

Where would a Garmin bike computer be mounted with your bars installed? Straight out from the stem?

Thanks,
Chris

Chris,

We have you covered. Take a look at the PX we are selling that, if memory serves me correctly, uses the same integrated stem design as the P5X. This bike is equipped with our cockpit. We have developed and offer a stem adapter for folks with these bikes to allow them to fit our bars (or any 31.8mm bar combination). It's pretty slick. We also make an adapter for the Argon118 E-119 Tri+.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
WileCyot wrote:
windschatten wrote:

We have plans for some exotic materials but we can't say too much at this time. It drives the price up as well which isn't ideal but they would be incredibly light.

If you haven't had a chance to ride them, you're truly missing out.

make them carbon and every triathlete will buy them...

seriously though, good luck. nice to see some innovation
Quote Reply