Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Cyclingtips/Aerocoach tire article (+SILCA of course) [Rideon77] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Rideon77 wrote:
DarkSpeedWorks wrote:
Interesting article, it still shows that if speed is the final goal (for example, racing a triathlon on decent roads)......tubeless is a solution searching for a problem

I thought we were talking about tube vs tubeless here not disc brakes????

Yes, this is about tires, not brakes.

Advanced Aero TopTube Storage for Road, Gravel, & Tri...ZeroSlip & Direct-mount, made in the USA.
DarkSpeedWorks.com.....Reviews.....Insta.....Facebook

--
Last edited by: DarkSpeedWorks: Jan 12, 21 11:58
Quote Reply
Re: Cyclingtips/Aerocoach tire article (+SILCA of course) [beachedbeluga] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
beachedbeluga wrote:
Ok- after reading through this whole thread, what should I buy?
I am racing IMTX, I am a decent biker, 175lbs, aiming to hold 240-250w. I currently ride continental gp5000 with tubes. Should I stick with it or get the Vittoria Corsa G Speed 2.0 tubeless ready? I have ENVE 7.8s. 7-8 watts seems fairly significant.

It depends........how fast can you change a flat?
Quote Reply
Re: Cyclingtips/Aerocoach tire article (+SILCA of course) [KEnglish] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
KEnglish wrote:
Very interesting results! And thanks for sharing all this. Quick Q: I’ve seen tests from others (parcours, swissside, Flo) that estimated a far larger aero penalty for the turbo cotton (around 4-5 watts). Any thoughts on why others may have over-estimated? All three of those are wheels only, is one thing that jumps to mind. Based on those high estimates it always seemed odd to me that the company that preaches “aero is everything” would put the turbo cottons on their flagship TT and aero bikes. Perhaps your results shed a little light on this, considering how well the turbo cottons roll (and ride). Thanks!

This is why: "Low rolling resistance can make up for a LOT of 'aero sins' "

http://bikeblather.blogspot.com/...t-3-after-party.html

http://bikeblather.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Cyclingtips/Aerocoach tire article (+SILCA of course) [Tom A.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks, Tom. Really informative. So taking your data, scaling it up to 45km/h, and applying some rough yaw angle weights, looks to be about a half aero watts difference between the 26 turbos and TCs and about one watt between the 24s. Give the GP5K bit of an aero advantage over the turbo (say one watt) and that lines up very nicely with Dr. Disley‘s results. Probably also underscores his point about designing wheels to be accommodating to a range of tyre shapes and sizes.

On a bit of related aside, Tour Magazin recently aero tested the new Roval Rapide’s against (Among others) the new ARC 1100 50. From what I can tell, the Rapide was tested with the TC and the rest with the GP5K. Came out a wash.
Quote Reply
Re: Cyclingtips/Aerocoach tire article (+SILCA of course) [Xavier] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi there! What PSI were the tires tested at for crr? Same across all types?
Quote Reply

Prev Next