Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Running Earbuds Shootout
Quote | Reply
I've been running with the OG Airpods for a couple years now and I've been extremely happy with them. Recently the battery life has been going to shit and they likely won't work beyond 2 hours.

So, I've been in the market for new ear buds and with the growing number of options tried something newer, Echo Buds. Overall, these are great but have noticed one very large problem, every single time I take a step, there is a loud thud from the devices.

This seems to be a common thing among a lot of people with numerous different brands. Anyone find a wireless EARBUD that works well and doesn't do this?
Quote Reply
Re: Running Earbuds Shootout [BrentwoodTriGuy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I tried a handful of wireless earbuds when I was making the switch to wireless.....and finally landed on the Jlab Epic Air Sport. Very happy with them. Stay firmly in place, decent sound quality, connectivity is very good, 70+ hours of playtime (accorind to website), comes with great charging case, and priced competitively at $150 retail.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I cannot any firsthand becuase I am loving my Plantronics Backbeat Fit, and ear buds do not work well for me.

But, The Wire Cutter absolutely loves the Jabra Elite Active 65t buds. A close friend of mine has run with every generation of the Apple AirPods, and he freakin' loves the new pros.
Quote Reply
Re: Running Earbuds Shootout [DFW_Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I recently picked up the Jabra Elite Active 65t at a pretty big discount, now that the new 75t has been released.

Pros: not obnoxiously big
great seal: not noise cancelling but pretty damn close (airplane tested)
great sound quality
really easy to pair to a new device (i swap between my MacBook, iPhone and Mighty)

Cons: as they are an in ear bud, unlike the airpod, i found that i had to wean my ears into them by only using them for short (30min) periods for a week or so before I could comfortably wear them for a 3hr trainer ride.

I've been using them mostly on the trainer so I don't wake the kid up by blasting a movie from my MacBook over the noise of a fan. I have done a few runs (long runs and intervals) with them and found that once I had the fit right they stay in fine. Until I figured out the right size tip I did nearly drop a bud a couple of times but you'd feel it slipping and catch it on its way out. I have also found myself sticking them in at work with some quiet music or a podcast purely for the background noise to cut out the sound of my coworkers chatting in the corridor outside my office.
Quote Reply
Re: Running Earbuds Shootout [Fletch_boy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The Jabra Elite Active 65t is amazing. The sound cancelling is fantastic. The 'transparency mode' while out and about running or walking the dogs is a feature that will be standard on every earbud within a decade. I have bought two pairs and use them every day. It's crazy how cheap they are now that the 75t has been released.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I love the Plantronics Backbeat 3100s. Decent sound quality, fit well and stay put. I've had mine for over a year and use them nearly every single day for at least an hour.
Quote Reply