Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

TrainingPeaks structured workouts into Zwift - wattage differentials?
Quote | Reply
Hi all - I recently started an 80/20 IM Plan using power for bike workouts. The wattage zones in TrainingPeaks differs significantly from what ends up displaying in Zwift. My FTP of 238 is the same in both.

As an easy example:

Yesterday the 80/20 plan in TP had a section of:
6x2.5 minutes at Zone 4 (243-262 watts).

When I chose this workout from the training section of Zwift, connected to my TP account, the program told me to do 6x2.5 minutes at 215 watts.

Obviously a pretty big difference! Any idea why this might be happening and/or which one is accurate? Any thoughts greatly appreciated.
Quote Reply
Re: TrainingPeaks structured workouts into Zwift - wattage differentials? [SJK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Check your FTP in zwift and make sure that it is the same as your TP FTP. The numbers go into swift as %'s. Also, Zwift round the numbers to the closest 5.
Quote Reply
Re: TrainingPeaks structured workouts into Zwift - wattage differentials? [SJK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Check your Power zones in TP and if they match Zwift. Zwift uses 7 zones as defined by Andrew Cogan IIRC, whereas TP has a number of different options.

If you want them to match, you may have to manually set the TP power zones to the same %s of threshold that Coggan prescribes.

EDIT:

Coggan Power zones here, which I believe Zwift is based on -> https://www.trainingpeaks.com/...wer-training-levels/

80/20 power zones calculator here -> https://www.8020endurance.com/8020-zone-calculator/

They are different %s as 80/20 has X and Y, so it's difficult to plan an 80/20 workout and then see the results in Zwift. I would just focus on the hitting the workout in Zwift and ignore the zones, then look at TP for your compliance.
Last edited by: jockhaggis: Feb 9, 20 8:50
Quote Reply
Re: TrainingPeaks structured workouts into Zwift - wattage differentials? [jockhaggis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A problem I encountered is the ranges you set in TP get averaged out to a specific target in Zwift.

I had set some targets for a HIIT workout in TP with 120%+. Zwift interpreted that as an average of 320w and some other huge number.

So, you pretty much have to design the TP workout to an actual target % then let Zwift do its thing in workout around if you hit the zone.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Had the same issue after a little off season and reduction in FTP. My coach changed it in TP (I believe) but I didn't change it in zwift. I would upload the workout and the numbers were based on the old ftp.

As mentioned, zwift also averages out for the screen display, so a range of 190-215 may show as 200. But I don't think that's what you are talking about

Bottom line, one of those ftp settings has to be off to get what you are getting.
Quote Reply
Re: TrainingPeaks structured workouts into Zwift - wattage differentials? [ChrisM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Line up your FTP between Zwift and TP. And make sure you have the 7 zones set. My biggest issue is that my power meter and my trainer are 15-25 watts apart
Quote Reply