Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Critique my fit: new bike, new fit
Quote | Reply
After never managing to find comfort on my former Speedmax SLX (size M) due to the maxing out reach and the short front-center making handing squirrelly, I recently got a PR6 (size 54) in consultation with a very well known fitter on this forum. I wasn't able to have him set up the bike, as he's 7 hrs away.

I like the new bike better, but not night-and-day better unfortunately. It still feels a bit short, though the handling is definitely steadier. Perhaps the fitter has me too far forward over the BB? I bike handles better when I shift my weight back, though I do seem to lose some power.

Let me know what you think.

Quote Reply
Re: Critique my fit: new bike, new fit [wintershade] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Saddle looks a tad bit high maybe. I slowed to .25speed and at the bottom of your pedal stroke you're fairly extended even with pointing your toes a decent amount. I know some people tend to point more than other so if that's you naturally, probably not too much to worry about there. I'm not a certified fitter (yet) but in my experience riding a number of different positions, I'm kind of of the mindset that there is almost no such thing as "too far over the BB", as long as you can compensate with enough reach.

Benjamin Deal - Professional - Instagram - TriRig - Lodi Cyclery
Deals on Wheels - Results, schedule, videos, sponsors
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looks, OK, there’s a couple of things to tweak but overall good. What arm pads are you using?

Eric

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: Critique my fit: new bike, new fit [ericMPro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks Eric and Ben!

I'm using the F40 arm pads kid which came with my Aria Ultimate front end. I actually just ordered a set of the PD "Ergo" pads because I'd prefer something a bit with a bit more cradle. The F40 pads are kind of flat and slippery. I don't like them.

You said you'd change a few things. What would you change?

I think I do tend to point my toes a bit. I have somewhat limited Achilles flexibility and a lot of varus (it's the first thing ever fitter ever says about me), especially of my right foot and have the Specialized varus shims in my shoes (two in right, one in left). But feet feel pretty good.

What doesn't feel so good (maybe some of it just needs time in saddle) is: feeling so far out over front wheel, some neck and shoulder fatigue, need to cut aerobar extension to lower shifters (which are too high, hard to reach).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You know, saddle too high and all that. Neck and shoulder pain... look with your eyes, not your head. Also, rotate your head with rotate muscles, not lift muscles.

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply