Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Another, Another poll: (very important)
Quote | Reply
So, just curious, How many of you out there are Triathletes?

Hi, My name is *@\/!*, and I've been a triathlete for 4 years, but I haven't done a tri in 7 monthes.

-

I don't work here, I just live here
Quote Reply
Re: Another, Another poll: (very important) [Ze Gopha] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yup, I'm a triathlete:

http://www.bikesportmichigan.com/...orials/0000055.shtml

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Can I legitimately call myself a triathlete if I have a hamstring injury and can't run right now? (I'm not entirely joking; when you get depressed over an injury, you start asking yourself questions like that.)

-----
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I--
I took the one less traveled by,
Which is probably why I was registering 59.67mi as I rolled into T2.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I can't say that I consider myself to be good enough (or train enough) to call myself a "triathlete". I think I have more dues to pay before I can use that term to describe myself. I consider myself a person that really enjoys the sport of triathlon. It's a fine distinction, but a valid one, I think (for me, at least). I'm scheduled to do my first Half IM this fall. Maybe after that I will feel that I've earned the right to call myself a "triathlete". However, let it be clear that I have no problem with anyone else using the term to describe him/herself.

http://www.imf2006.blogspot.com
Last edited by: awbjr9871: Feb 7, 04 4:18
Quote Reply
Re: Another, Another poll: (very important) [awbjr9871] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not at all. I'm probably a recreational triathlete, if that makes sense? But I like the sport so much that I'm involved in and using way to much time in our team and putting up races here in "Ultima Thule" and of course hanging around here.

Two hours to our release party for our team clothes. Better get in character.

Bent Olav Olsen, recreational triathlete?
Quote Reply
Once Again [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The answers to this post show what is wrong with our sport. Anyone who signs up for a triathlon, regardless of distance, is a triathlete.

I've never been involved in a sport where elitism and looking down on others because they don't do "real" distances, "real" workout hours, etc is so rampant. I bet we scare off more newbies this way than any other. No wonder the Danskin races are so popular -- at least the women in our sport don't seem to cast judgement so quickly.

Never done an Ironman but want to wear the shirt? Go ahead. I've never played football for the Packers, either, but I'll wear the jersey. Are you a slow biker but love Litespeed's bikes? If you can afford it, go for it! I say live it up and enjoy it!!

Triathlon racing and training should be fun!! Not a constant gnashing of teeth over whether you are a "real" triathlete. Real life is much too serious to take your triathlon "hobby" that seriously>

Sorry -- I don't mean any disrespect to anyone -- just felt like venting. This topic has a tendency to set me off.

David (Triathlete)
Quote Reply
Re: Once Again [Du U Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Anyone who signs up for a triathlon, regardless of distance, is a triathlete.

I think that sums it up.

I became a triathlete when I ran down the beach and splashed into that lake at my first sprint race in July 1991.

Happy trails,

Chris

Quote | Reply
I am a duathlete. Used to be tri. WIll be tri next year. I like ham.

customerjon @gmail.com is where information happens.
Quote Reply