Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

I broke the vacuum cleaner
Quote | Reply
yeah.. well the one in phoenix, I vacuumed the rubber piece that attaches the laptop, it selled like burn remove the rubber and now the upright cleaner won't work. the hose those but not the brush part. how do i fix it?
Quote Reply
Re: I broke the vacuum cleaner [Marisol] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Marisol,

It sounds to me like you burned up the belt that spins the brush. It usually smells like burned rubber really bad. You probably need to get a new belt. Any store that sells that brand of vacuum, and even some grocery stores (or Wal-mart, Kmart), will sell it. Then you just have to figure out how to get it apart. It should be pretty intuitive.

Bernie

Re: I broke the vacuum cleaner [slowbern] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It sounds to me like you burned up the belt that spins the brush. It usually smells like burned rubber really bad. You probably need to get a new belt. Any store that sells that brand of vacuum, and even some grocery stores (or Wal-mart, Kmart), will sell it.

Bingo. Usually you can pry on the new belt with just a flat bladed screw driver. To the best of my knowledge, all the belts are the same size (between vacuum manufacturers).

Behold the turtle! He makes progess only when he sticks his neck out. (James Bryant Conant)
GET OFF THE F*%KING WALL!!!!!!! (Doug Stern)
Brevity is the soul of wit. (William Shakespeare)
Quote Reply