Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Computrainer problem
Quote | Reply
Hi, long time lurker here.

After being a lump for 2 years I decided it was time to get back into some training. I set up my Computrainer that had been stored away, plugged it in and everything seemed ok. However once I started pedalling the unit turned off. I did some investigating and found the fuse in the power supply had blown. I soldered a new one in, plugged it in, everything was ok until I started pedalling. Unit turned off and the fuse was blown again.

Anyone else have this problem before? Any suggestions as to what the issue might be?

Thanks,
Smit
Quote Reply
Re: Computrainer problem [smit] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Computrainer problem [hblake] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks!

Looks like I have some more investigating to do. Hopefully it's something small like the cable and not the load generator....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had a similar issue after a move. Replaced the fuse in the power supply but it blew as soon as started pedaling. I got another power supply and all was good.

Nanoo Nanoo
Quote Reply
Re: Computrainer problem [-W-] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looks like it's the same problem. Now I need to go find a power supply...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We have 2 Computrainers and just one working power supply (out of three total). I asked my neighbor about helping me solder new fuses in place and instead he put this together for us - attached an external fuse that dies not require soldering. I hope we now have three working power supplies:

Last edited by: DavidK: Jul 15, 20 7:02
Quote Reply
Re: Computrainer problem [DavidK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Re: Computrainer problem [DavidK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply