Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Good schedule for olys
Quote | Reply
Hi everyone,
season will start relatively soon, with my first race beeing an Olys in may.

I did a winter run focused, improving my 10k by 2min (37 to 35min).

Now I want to start triathlon training.

I thought about this kind of schedule, is it enough intensity work ? (I don't think I can add volume, excepted some short brick runs). My goal is to keep improving on olympic distance and maybe to do a 70.3 during the season. I want to repeat 3-4 weeks of this schedule, with 1 week rest until season starts.

M: rest
T: tempo run (typicaly, 1h-1h30 progressive run from easy to half marathon pace, or 8x1k at 15k pace).
W: swim (master group)+medium ride (2-3h)
T: medium run with strides or R pace (1h run, with 10x20-30sec stride or 10x200m r200m at 2k pace or 3x1k at 5k pace)+swim (master group)
F: indoor ride with 20-40min between sweetspot and threshold (eg 1-2-3-4-5-4-3-2-1 pyramid, or 3x10min under over, or 2x20min sweetspot)
S: swim (master group)+run (1-1h30)
S: long ride, 3-5h

Thanks a lot
Ivan
Quote Reply
Re: Good schedule for olys [ivan2794] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
personally that's not enough training for me to give my athletes every Monday off. Maybe 1 Monday a month, maybe.

I'd add in an easy 45-75 min run on that day.

On Sunday I'd probably cap my long ride at 4h and get in an easy swim or run that day as well. Even if it's only 2k or 30 min. I'd do the run first then hop on the bike and not the other way around. Or I'd bike then swim later.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Re: Good schedule for olys [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the answer !
I think I could add a litte run on Monday, even if it is just a 30min recovery run.

Dont know if I will be able to add more volume on sunday, maybe some days but not each week.

Concerning the intensity distribution, do you think it's adequate ?

Thanks
Ivan
Quote Reply