Re: New HOKA for the Olympics ? [Pyrenean Wolf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pyrenean Wolf wrote:

https://twitter.com/...524847394816/photo/1

Hoka Rocket X
200 $
5mm drop
7.4 oz

Not sure if you can see it on the US site (being in Europe, can't see it).

Any info regarding softness and cushion of this model compared to Carbon Rocket (hard), Carbon X (medium), PeBa models (soft such as Nike, Saucony, ...) ?

Although the listing is up, I think the page is getting built as it's not in the main catalog on the drop down for Road Shoes or New Arrivals.

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply
Re: New HOKA for the Olympics ? [TheStroBro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Brooks tested their Hyperion Elite for almost two years, finally puts it on sale Feb 29th, then five days later came out with a better version that goes on sale in a month, making the ones still in the mail obselete.

Hoka wins the Olympic Trials in their Rocket X, then lists the shoe on their website the next day but doesn't announce it, and all product is sold out before most people even know it's available.

What is up with these companies doing strange things like this? Can't they just announce a product and sell it normally? It gives the impression that they are running around like chickens with their heads cut off, desperately trying to throw something together to get the customers they lost to Nike, back.
Quote Reply
Re: New HOKA for the Olympics ? [phoenixR34] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
And Saucony did not announced yet the availability date for the Pro (the Speed and the Shift, yes).

And New Balance did not announced yet the availability date for the RC Elite.

Sound like the 4 month delay now requested for Olympic homologation is not aligned with their initial industrialization plan, creating some shortage for the initial deliveries (or specification issue for Brook ?).
Quote Reply
Re: New HOKA for the Olympics ? [Pyrenean Wolf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pyrenean Wolf wrote:
And Saucony did not announced yet the availability date for the Pro (the Speed and the Shift, yes).

And New Balance did not announced yet the availability date for the RC Elite.

Sound like the 4 month delay now requested for Olympic homologation is not aligned with their initial industrialization plan, creating some shortage for the initial deliveries (or specification issue for Brook ?).

You're right. Just last week, Saucony had a release date of 4/14 for the Endorphin Pro, but now it says "coming soon". There are a bunch of these floating around online, as Saucony gave away a bunch at the trials. I've seen a couple pairs online for sale already. Adidas has a hard date on their Adizero Pro as well.

But yeah, no word from New Balance officially from what I have seen, but people are saying 3/14 or 3/15 timeframe for the Fuel Cell TC, and supposedly the RC. This despite NB athletes have been using it for nearly a year.

Now that I think about it, my guess is none of these brands, Nike included, had hard dates set for their various products, but are now scrambling due to the WF deadlines that were imposed. Still.. what a mess.
Last edited by: phoenixR34: Mar 5, 20 12:14
Quote Reply
Re: New HOKA for the Olympics ? [phoenixR34] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looks like the Clifton Edge is coming in April...I'm personally more interested in the trickle down tech to daily training rather than the racers

https://www.runningwarehouse.com/...launch-calendar.html
Quote Reply

Prev Next