Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

The New Felt AR Disc
Quote | Reply
https://www.bikeradar.com/news/felt-ar-2020/
https://feltbicycles.com/...ar-aero-road-bicycle

Sleeve idea for the seat tube is interesting and a good looking bike overall IMO. I like what they're doing with the stem and hopefully they have some -17 options in the 90mm-120mm range. Reach seems to scale nicely with size, a bit high on stack IMO, short chain stays. The geo chart is on the link to the bike but you need a magnifying glass to read it at the moment.
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt AR Disc [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Overall that's a good looking bike. And the price points seem pretty good. But not having options on the stems kind of sucks. I guess you can run your own stem, but I'm thinking that's not gonna look so hot.

My YouTubes

Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt AR Disc [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GreenPlease wrote:
, a bit high on stack IMO

I'm seeing the same stack as the outgoing AR.

But if they measured stack properly, the new bike looks like it has an effective stack around 2cm lower. Because it looks properly slammed (if you take out all the aero spacers). While the outgoing bike had a gargantuan headset cone under the stem.

Last edited by: trail: Feb 3, 20 7:28
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt AR Disc [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
GreenPlease wrote:
, a bit high on stack IMO

I'm seeing the same stack as the outgoing AR.

But if they measured stack properly, the new bike looks like it has an effective stack around 2cm lower. Because it looks properly slammed (if you take out all the aero spacers). While the outgoing bike had a gargantuan headset cone under the stem.

I have a stock 0.5 cm top cap on mine

---------------------------------------------------------

So they claim it to be faster than the previous iteration; I want to see the actual numbers

Also, would have been nice to see how aero a corresponding rim-brake prototype would be
Last edited by: echappist: Feb 3, 20 7:36
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt AR Disc [echappist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
echappist wrote:

I have a stock 0.5 cm top cap on mine

How much are you guys willing to bet that this is no faster than the previous iteration

Yeah, I had just a little dust cover on mine too.

And yes, I expect all aero improvements are very marginal in the real world. We can all check the "aero bike" box with any of the aero bikes of the last ~3-4 years. At least they probably made the disc brake bike as aero as the outgoing rim brake version. :)

Race wheel changes are still the thing holding me back from going disc, and I wonder about that counter-sunk thru-axle. You need an Allen wrench to change the wheel? If so I hope there's an option for a version with a lever. So I can take the wheel off to help out neutral support, without having to dig out a wrench from somewhere.
Last edited by: trail: Feb 3, 20 7:39
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
you mean you don't carry a battery-powered screw driver with you when you race ;)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
echappist wrote:

You need an Allen wrench to change the wheel? If so I hope there's an option for a version with a lever. So I can take the wheel off to help out neutral support, without having to dig out a wrench from somewhere.

I've grabbed one of these for the front wheel of my gravel bike.

https://www.dtswiss.com/.../hubs-rws/rws/12-mm/

You can leave the lever in or yank it off. Sounds like what you are after echappist.
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt AR Disc [DaveQB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yup I did just this on my OPEN. Except I don't think mine is the detachable handle type. I didn't need/want to change I just happened into a DT TA when the bike shop ordered the wrong part and I felt bad and took it anyways. The flush TA looks so much cleaner but the DT deal is so nice I actually prefer it.

DaveQB wrote:
echappist wrote:

You need an Allen wrench to change the wheel? If so I hope there's an option for a version with a lever. So I can take the wheel off to help out neutral support, without having to dig out a wrench from somewhere.

I've grabbed one of these for the front wheel of my gravel bike.

https://www.dtswiss.com/.../hubs-rws/rws/12-mm/

You can leave the lever in or yank it off. Sounds like what you are after echappist.

My YouTubes

Quote Reply