Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Skechers carbon plate shoe is out
Quote | Reply
The "Skechers GOrun Speed Elite Hyper" is available on their website. No half sizes unfortunatly.
Same stack height of the Razor 3 (which is an incredible shoe), same hyperburst material and they are saying 0.5 oz lighter, which is insane.
And its "only" $190. So the carbon plate is worth $60 (the Razor 3 is $130)

Yes, this brand is very strange for a running shoe, but I think its stupid to be a brand fanboy and miss out on good shoes.
I'm a huge fan of the razor 3, can't wait to get this one and see how it feels compared to the 4%/next%.
Quote Reply
Re: Skechers carbon plate shoe is out [dgutstadt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I imagine we will start seeing a lot of companies drop their carbon plate shoes soon.

As far as brands go, I think Skechers has definitely made their mark in the running shoe world. A couple of years ago i may have sneered at a Skechers running shoe, but they've proven themselves.

Maybe the influx of these shoes will bring the prices down somewhat as well, but i guess as long as folks will spend $175-250 on them, there is no reason to.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
23mm stack in the heel/19mm in forefoot (4mm drop). I think the Next% has a 36mm stack in the heel.

Some school of thought that says its the midsole material more so than the carbon plate that drives a lot of the performance improvement--I don't know if that's true or not but if so it would seem the Skechers shoe, with considerably less stack, will probably not be as fast as the Vaporfly

Randy Christofferson(http://www.rcmioga.blogspot.com

Insert Doubt. Erase Hope. Crush Dreams.
Quote Reply
Re: Skechers carbon plate shoe is out [rcmioga] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No half sizes???? What kind of BS is this? I’ve never seen any companies doing something like this. I know low end cycling shoes don’t have half sizes.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is there a complaint thread yet about how the shoe provides an unfair advantage and should be banned?
Quote Reply
Re: Skechers carbon plate shoe is out [s13tx] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
s13tx wrote:
No half sizes???? What kind of BS is this? I’ve never seen any companies doing something like this. I know low end cycling shoes don’t have half sizes.

Well this is a low end running shoe so same / same right?
Quote Reply
Re: Skechers carbon plate shoe is out [turdburgler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
turdburgler wrote:
s13tx wrote:

Well this is a low end running shoe so same / same right?

I don’t know about that. LS has been killing the run with Sketchers, so they have to be low end but good in quality.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply