Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Specialized S-Works Trivents - Can they be cleaned?
Quote | Reply
I have a pair of the Red S-Works Trivents with the Boa closure system and the last couple of times I've used them, I've noticed that it's a bit harder than usual to tighten the boas while on the bike.

I'm wondering if anybody with these same shoes has gone through a process of cleaning / lubricating them somehow so the cables move more smoothly through the closure systems?

I've looked at the Boafit website and see that the dials can be taken apart if the laces were to need replacing, so would this be a good idea to do, to help in cleaning the system? I'll need to get myself a T6 screwdriver so I can take the Boa dial apart.

Thanks for any advice.
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized S-Works Trivents - Can they be cleaned? [scoobydoo_nz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Boa offers free replacement dials on their website. Sounds like yours are getting old and worn. Just submit the form and a pic and they’ll ship you a new set.
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized S-Works Trivents - Can they be cleaned? [J7] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah I was going to do that, but I was also wondering if there's anything I can do in the interim until I get the replacement dials, to help better the situation.

Thanks
Quote Reply