Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: I can't feel my D@#$ [Mulen] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sleepy PP is the worst
Quote Reply
Re: I can't feel my D@#$ [ejoe156] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I went to my bike shop and got a computerized bike fit including seat height, proper seat width and distance from pedal to seat and seat to handlebars for my road bike and eliminated the numb nutz problem. I can now ride for multiple hours without the problem. Choosing a seat that is not too cushy helps too, my current seat is only marginally padded so I don't tend to camp out in one position for too long.
Quote Reply
Re: I can't feel my D@#$ [Scottxs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If I am in aero for 10 minutes or so my package goes completely dead.
Quote Reply
Re: I can't feel my D@#$ [gmh39] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Are you talking about because the rear wheel is off whilst the bike is on the trainer? If so, I put the front wheel on a cycleops riser...if thats what you mean.
E
Quote Reply
Re: I can't feel my D@#$ [Mulen] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've had similar issues with ISM.

What ended up happening to me was that one of the 'prongs' was ever so slightly lower than the other one. I didn't even notice till I got a new saddle fit. That's what I would push you, get a saddle fit. I ended up going with the Bontrager Hilo - amazingly comfy. The fitter said he had lots of similar problems with people on ISM. He recco was to find a split nose with a bridge piece so both sides of the 'prongs' stay level. That said, I know lots of people that like ISM too.

Try the Hilo out.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Had the exact same issue with my ISM saddle. I kept trying and trying, then went for a different saddle, then went back to ISM again as I surely must have been doing something wrong. Regardless of what I did nothing helped.

I've since changed to the Specialized Sitero Gel Expert saddle which works so much better for me.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was replying to Anne's post.

But to be more specific, I was asking if they only thing that was being done was raising the front wheel as opposed to raising the front wheel AND readjusting the the seat so that it is in the same position in relation to the bottom bracket as it was prior to raising the front wheel?

The reason for this is that when you raise the front wheel the bike pivots around the rear axle. This causes the vertical and horizontal relationship between the seat and the bottom bracket to change. I'm no bike fitter, but my understanding is that you want the seat to BB relation to remain the same and only raise the front end.

Strava
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Riding the trainer definitely puts more load on the t'aint. I'm sure there are some who will say 'then you're doing it wrong.' Fine, I'm doing it wrong, but it puts more pressure on the t'aint then I get when I'm riding outside. I've forced the habit of getting out of the saddle for 30 seconds or so no matter what the interval I'm riding, even if (especially if) I'm doing hard sustained efforts. Helps.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I can't feel my D@#$

Get a second opinion. Maybe someone else can feel it. ;)

(gulf clap) Thank you. Than you, I'll be here all week.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
When you say you are 6 feet and 4 inches, is 6 feet your height?

;)
Quote Reply

Prev Next