Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: so im apparently an All World Athlete. [plant_based] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Best thing AWA related I've overheard in Nice - this was said with a straight face. Apparently they need to stipulate not at all races because dude was not happy at all.

"Excuse me - I am an All World Athlete - do you know where the priority check in is?"

IG: NCGregory8778
Quote Reply
Re: so im apparently an All World Athlete. [mwanner13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mwanner13 wrote:
bearlyfinish wrote:
Waingro wrote:

Quietly accept your accomplishment with a shrug, and don’t be that DB that wears the special swim cap they give you in your next race.

The swim cap is nice if you have a spectator waiting for you at the swim exit. There's a lot less people wearing blue caps vs the standard green and pink caps.

Other than the fact you're not supposed to wear the AWA issued swim cap. You are supposed to use the race issued swim cap. That is true, whether it is enforced is questionable since I've seen a couple wearing the AWA cap at the race.

This depends on the who you talk to. The official rules say "swim cap provided by race official". Well technically both caps are provided by the race, so I think this is probably up to the RD and how well they communicate it to the volunteers. At Oceanside the volunteer told me to wear the green one. At Texas and Mont Tremblant, the volunteers said whichever one you want. So let's just say this is race dependent.
Quote Reply
Re: so im apparently an All World Athlete. [bearlyfinish] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Every race I have asked they told me I have to wear the green cap and every race has blue caps in the water. Nobody has ever been pulled that I've seen. They walk under the start just like everybody else. I have even heard the emcee announce the blue cap as AWA even though volunteers said we have to wear green caps. Personally I like to blend in and not stand out as a target for the fast people.

http://www.sfuelsgolonger.com
Quote Reply
Re: so im apparently an All World Athlete. [mwanner13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mwanner13 wrote:
M Dot can be very much in your face.

Never more true than at an actual M Dot race. I actually have a "new rule" that I try to practice, although i've got mdot hats and shirts bursting out of the drawers at home, when I go to an M Dot race i do not wear M Dot. It sets me apart LOL ;)

But discussing what any of us wear race day is silly as we all sorta look like tools. I've been AWA and haven't been AWA depending on the races I do, but there is a sort of quiet satisfaction in passing someone who is "top 5%" of their AG (well someone young, not a 70 year old...)

BTW you do know that you combined Official M Dot Gear with "reasonably priced". Surely that was a mistake!
Last edited by: ChrisM: Jan 31, 20 12:59
Quote Reply
Re: so im apparently an All World Athlete. [ChrisM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ChrisM wrote:
mwanner13 wrote:
M Dot can be very much in your face.

Never more true than at an actual M Dot race. I actually have a "new rule" that I try to practice, although i've got mdot hats and shirts bursting out of the drawers at home, when I go to an M Dot race i do not wear M Dot. It sets me apart LOL ;)

But discussing what any of us wear race day is silly as we all sorta look like tools. I've been AWA and haven't been AWA depending on the races I do, but there is a sort of quiet satisfaction in passing someone who is "top 5%" of their AG (well someone young, not a 70 year old...)

BTW you do know that you combined Official M Dot Gear with "reasonably priced". Surely that was a mistake!

Good point about reasonably priced. Lol. I did get my Kansas 70.3 visor for $3 on a next year discount but 99% is stupid mark up.
Quote Reply
Re: so im apparently an All World Athlete. [damon.lebeouf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The skipping the queue is useful.

Bike rack position is nice.

The cancelled swim, TT starting position was really great.

The AWA breakfast at Nice WC was the highlight. Looking forward to the same at Taupo.

It’s a frequent flyer club, but I’m a frequent flyer and like it.

Dan
Quote Reply
Re: so im apparently an All World Athlete. [DanCT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DanCT wrote:

The AWA breakfast at Nice WC was the highlight. Looking forward to the same at Taupo.

Dan

I agree
Quote Reply
Re: so im apparently an All World Athlete. [enricobraglia] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
enricobraglia wrote:
DanCT wrote:

Dan

I agree

All very true. Bronze is FF, silver and hold is FF with some decent results on top.
I will though ssy i have seen race where the line is longer for non awa than awa for getting your bibnumber etc.
Quote Reply
Re: so im apparently an All World Athlete. [Vols] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yep. I passed 1500 people in Louisville and it sucked. Could never relax. AWA folks started all together at the front. Had a crappy run when I was thinking I was in shape for best.
Quote Reply

Prev Next