Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Meal Replacement
Quote | Reply
I'm super lazy when it comes to preparing meals and even worse when it comes to remembering my lunch at work. I'll do a good job for a week or two at a time, but then it's back to the same old routine as laziness sets in. As such, I do OK eating, but there's a lot in my diet that could use improvement. Is there some sort of meal replacement that's healthy for athletes? If you watch Futurama, I'm basically looking for a healthy version of Bachelor Chow.
Quote Reply
Re: Meal Replacement [jhammond] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just blend a base of Vega all in One and add some greens and berries and PB or AB + banana if you want.

https://www.amazon.com/...parkle_slot&th=1

If you don't want to add anything and are lazy and just want to drink powder and water, I've found Mint Chip to be the tastiest: It tastes pretty decent just mixed in a glass with a spoon.

• ALL IN ONE: Start your day with multisource protein, vitamins, minerals, probiotics, antioxidants, and omega 3s, all sourced from the power of plants in Vega One Organic
  • PLANT BASED PROTEIN: 20 grams of protein from a complete multisource blend of organic pea protein, organic sunflower seed protein, and organic pumpkin seed protein
  • VITAMINS and MINERALS: Get 50 percent DV of 8 vitamins and minerals in a serving, all from real, plant based food ingredients in each scoop of Vega One Organic
  • ANTIOXIDANTS: Excellent source of vitamin C from acerola cherry juice and vitamin A from carrot juice
  • ANYTIME NUTRITION: Blend a serving of Vega One with your favorite fruit as a meal replacement
  • SUPERCHARGED CERTIFICATIONS: Vega One is USDA certified organic, non GMO Project Verified, vegan certified, low glycemic, gluten free, and without dairy or soy ingredients
  • No.1 PLANT BASED PROTEIN BRAND: Based on sales data, dollar basis, U.S. market

https://www.strava.com/...tes/zachary_mckinney
Last edited by: plant_based: Jan 30, 20 14:31
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jhammond wrote:
I'm super lazy when it comes to preparing meals and even worse when it comes to remembering my lunch at work. I'll do a good job for a week or two at a time, but then it's back to the same old routine as laziness sets in.

As far as skipping lunches, you could also make a decision to skip breakfast and lunch if its fairly easy for you and just drink green tea or coffee or water during the day to setup intermittent fasting. You don't have to do it every day, but it would mean drinking water or green tea straight through the day until at least 16 hours after your last calorie meal or calorie drink.

This is mainly geared towards training days where you don't workout in the morning and go straight to work. If you're almost hitting 16hrs anyway, you could just go a little longer and get the benefits.

https://www.strava.com/...tes/zachary_mckinney
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I would just make extra dinner the night before and have the leftovers for lunch.
Quote Reply
Re: Meal Replacement [plant_based] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
plant_based wrote:
Just blend a base of Vega all in One and add some greens and berries and PB or AB + banana if you want.

https://www.amazon.com/...parkle_slot&th=1

If you don't want to add anything and are lazy and just want to drink powder and water, I've found Mint Chip to be the tastiest: It tastes pretty decent just mixed in a glass with a spoon.

• ALL IN ONE: Start your day with multisource protein, vitamins, minerals, probiotics, antioxidants, and omega 3s, all sourced from the power of plants in Vega One Organic
  • PLANT BASED PROTEIN: 20 grams of protein from a complete multisource blend of organic pea protein, organic sunflower seed protein, and organic pumpkin seed protein
  • VITAMINS and MINERALS: Get 50 percent DV of 8 vitamins and minerals in a serving, all from real, plant based food ingredients in each scoop of Vega One Organic
  • ANTIOXIDANTS: Excellent source of vitamin C from acerola cherry juice and vitamin A from carrot juice
  • ANYTIME NUTRITION: Blend a serving of Vega One with your favorite fruit as a meal replacement
  • SUPERCHARGED CERTIFICATIONS: Vega One is USDA certified organic, non GMO Project Verified, vegan certified, low glycemic, gluten free, and without dairy or soy ingredients
  • No.1 PLANT BASED PROTEIN BRAND: Based on sales data, dollar basis, U.S. market

Instead of over priced sales ad vegan protein powder, get 4x much from a whey protein powder for same price
Quote Reply