Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Shimano 12 speed road ETA?
Quote | Reply
Anyone have the insider info on when this will drop?

Here's why. If Shimano drops 12 speed road with microspline I can run road, gravel, MTB, fat bikes all on the same hub. Cross equipment across all bikes. AND have 1x on all bikes.

As of now I'm going to do 1 bike with AXS for 2020 for gravel and 1x. So then I have to get different hubs because I feel Shimano is better for most everything performance and reliability wise. I have personal experience with the opposite with SRAM...and I ride over 20K miles / year. Synchroshift is incredible. Shimano is incredible. Maybe AXS is as well....but the dang hub issue is a pain racing across many disciplines!

I personally feel SRAM is missing the boat big time offering a 33 cog and 50 cog. If they offered a 40 it would be all things gravel. As of now it's a little tricky for riders that need a bail out gear that don't want a 50T. That's a chain ring....not a cog....lol.

24 Hour World TT Champs-American record holder
Fat Bike Worlds - Race Director
Insta: chris.s.apex
Quote Reply
Re: Shimano 12 speed road ETA? [cmscat50] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
For what it's worth, you can make 12 speed Shimano work right now assuming your Road/TT bikes are 142 rears and you're willing to drop some coin. AXS rear derailleur (long cage) Shimano microspline hub, Shimano 12 speed cassette, Shimano 12 speed chain, any 12 speed narrow/wide front chainring.

Depending on CS length and gearing you might need different chains for different bikes.
Quote Reply
Re: Shimano 12 speed road ETA? [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Smallest cog Shimano makes is 46t correct?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Cog? Or chainring?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
cmscat50 wrote:
Smallest cog Shimano makes is 46t correct?

10-45
Quote Reply
Re: Shimano 12 speed road ETA? [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yep that would be pretty close.

My intent at this point is I don't "need" anything near 45 for gravel or road. Therefore I can't go "all in" one direction yet. The 33 from SRAM is actually fine for all things road and gravel for me. But no way I'm putting a 50 cog on a MTB or fat bike. At least not yet!!! :)

Perfection would be Shimano 12 speed with 45 for MTB and 32-34 for gravel. With the 10 we can certainly run a reasonable small front ring and still go really fast! That's where I'm at. But your setup above seems fine. I would LOVE to never deal with wires again ever!

Quote Reply