Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Does HIT training induce memory loss?
Quote | Reply
I've been doing triathlons for 15 years plus. Prior to that, I competitively ran college cross country, track and swimming on teams for 10 years. I do feel my memory is much worse during and after hard workouts. It's only when I taper back or take a couple days off that I find my memory is better. My diet is good with enough Vitamin B12, stress levels are low, low cholesterol, no high blood pressure, no head injuries. I have an appointment to go see my doctor to see if I have Alzheimer's or another medical aliment. This has been happening for years and it's just getting worse as I get older.

I was just wondering if other long-term HIT training athletes have the same?
Last edited by: Terryh: Jan 29, 20 7:52
Quote Reply
Re: Does HIT training induce memory loss? [Terryh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't remember.....

kidding. personally, Id raise the concern with your doctor when you go. I've had some memory issues but that can be attributed to the fact that i started endurance sports after I recovered from chemotherapy/cancer, so chemo may have messed me up a bit.

good luck with everything.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's because you went vegan.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Terryh wrote:
I've been doing triathlons for 15 years plus. Prior to that, I competitively ran college cross country, track and swimming on teams for 10 years. I do feel my memory is much worse during and after hard workouts. It's only when I taper back or take a couple days off that I find my memory is better. My diet is good with enough Vitamin B12, stress levels are low, low cholesterol, no high blood pressure, no head injuries. I have an appointment to go see my doctor to see if I have Alzheimer's or another medical aliment. This has been happening for years and it's just getting worse as I get older.

I was just wondering if other long-term HIT training athletes have the same?

There is some evidence showing that exercise is actually beneficial.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Re: Does HIT training induce memory loss? [spencer99] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
spencer99 wrote:
It's because you went vegan.

THIS.

I was vegan and dealt with brain fog all the time. It had nothing to do with intervals and everything to do with my unhealthy relationship with food.

While you're at the doctor, get a blood test to check b12, iron, etc. Your diet may be "good with b12" but you may not be.

@floathammerholdon | @partners_in_tri
Last edited by: cloy: Jan 29, 20 11:36
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What HIT training? You asked if it caused memory loss then didn’t list any HIT activities.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/...h-intensity_training

High-intensity training (HIT) is a form of strength training popularized in the 1970s by Arthur Jones, the founder of Nautilus. The training focuses on performing quality weight training repetitions to the point of momentary muscular failure. The training takes into account the number of repetitions, the amount of weight, and the amount of time the muscle is exposed to tension in order to maximize the amount of muscle fiber recruitment.[1]

https://www.strava.com/...tes/zachary_mckinney
Last edited by: plant_based: Jan 29, 20 13:13
Quote Reply
Re: Does HIT training induce memory loss? [plant_based] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's a good point. "HIT" training has some very specific conditions. It's different than just "training intensely."
Quote Reply