Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

I was a Republican before W. Bush
Quote | Reply
I would think I would get used to the ongoing shortsightedness of the current White House administration, but I can’t.

Here’s another one – Selling public land to cover expenses.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060210/ap_on_go_pr_wh/bush_land_sale

"And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country" JFK - Replace 'country' with the company you work for, friends, family, and strangers and the world will be a much better place.
Quote Reply
Re: I was a Republican before W. Bush [diamonddog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Here here.

customerjon @gmail.com is where information happens.
Quote Reply
Re: I was a Republican before W. Bush [diamonddog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
From the article:

Quote:

But Agriculture Undersecretary Mark Rey, who directs forest policy, said the parcels to be sold are isolated, expensive to manage or no longer meet the needs of the national forest system. The administration expects to have to sell only about 200,000 of the 309,000 acres identified Friday to meet the $800 million goal, he said.

"These are not the crown jewels we are talking about," Rey said in an interview. The public can review the land parcels that are up for sale on the Forest Service's Web site, Rey said; Maps of just four national forests were posted as of Friday, but Rey said all the properties should be posted by month's end
A bit hard to reconcile the amount of money they are raising with the sales and these statements. If the land is so isolated and whatnot, why would it be drawing such a nice price? $4k per acre isn't exactly cheap for undeveloped land.

f/k/a mclamb6
Quote Reply