Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Is DI2 10 Speed still viable
Quote | Reply
Would like to upgrade to e shifting on my triathlon bike. Mainly for the ability to shift from the bull horns. However, all my wheels are ten speed. If I can find little used DI2 10 speed stuff, would you recommend the upgrade from mechanical? I like ETAP, because of the no wires. but I do not believe you can use it on 10 speed cassettes.
Quote Reply
Re: Is DI2 10 Speed still viable [tomk407] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
all I will say is I still have the Original Di2 DA setup on one of my road bikes - 10 speed. Last year when I was having an issue and needed to buy some replacement parts to try and figure out the problem......parts were available, but not by any means in abundance......even scarce I might say.

So, to answer your question, yes - you could probably put together 10 speed Di2, but getting replacement parts if something gets damaged......may not happen overnight!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Don't worry about the wheels, go for 11 speed Di2. You can get a cassette machined to fit a 10-speed freehub body (check on Google). You can also use a Shimano 11-34 11-speed cassette on a 10-speed body.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes, ...given the right price. Di2 is great and the benefit is most noticeable to me on a tt bike.

I have been able to get some excellent deals on used 10 speed Di2 equipment (since 'everyone' wants 11 speed) and I am really pleased with those groups.

I've also learned that ultegra 10 speed groupsets can be reasonably upgraded to 11 speed by swapping out (upgrading) the derailleurs/cassette. The rest of the electronics automatically function as 11 speed.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
10 speed Ultegra Di2 is great. DA 10 speed is bad. They are totally different designs. Many of the 10 speed Ultegra parts are compatible with current gen 11 speed.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Technically you can use Etap on a 10 speed cassette. It's just an 11 speed cassette with a cog removed. I did that for most of last season.

But then you have to deal with where to put the blip box.

Strava
Quote Reply