Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Fridge or Faucet?
Quote | Reply
While talking with my kids about money last night the conversation took an odd turn. I asked my kids how they knew who had money and who was posing. My eldest stated without any hesitation that people with money get their water from the fridge, posers from the faucet. It kind of blew my mind that she made that connection. Have you heard any "insights" like this you'd like to share? BTW our water comes from the fridge.... ;)

"The great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do."
Quote Reply
Re: Fridge or Faucet? [jkca1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sub zeros don't have water dispensers, just saying
Quote Reply
Re: Fridge or Faucet? [windywave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Plebe, she meant out of Fiji water bottles, which are most certainly contained in Subs.

Water dispensers, smh.
Quote Reply
Re: Fridge or Faucet? [CW in NH] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
CW in NH wrote:
Plebe, she meant out of Fiji water bottles, which are most certainly contained in Subs.

Water dispensers, smh.

Contrary to the assertions of the dysentery infected heathen Packer fan who is on well water, Lake Michigan water is great and cheap. Fiji water is one of the environmentally worst things on the planet from a sheer stupidity level.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We've always been a "fridge" family, however, when we moved 3 years ago the fridge was included but did not have a dispenser for water or ice. We initially figured we'd just move that to the garage and get a new one. After time we got used to not having in and honestly don't miss it. Wife and I were talking about a new fridge a few months back and even did a scouting trip to the Lowes and Home Depot. We didn't even consider fridges with dispensers (or TV screens, doors-in-doors, smart integration, etc). The only "extra" we need is an ice maker (which our current fridge has).
Last edited by: logella: Jan 26, 20 18:28
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Where I live our water out of the tap is PURE. So good! And being in northern AK it’s deliciously cold. Getting it from the fridge is slower than the faucet, so I skip the middle man and hit the faucet.

But how is this even a thing? Because a fridge has a water dispenser? That’s the line of demarcation for wealth? Who knew? Lol.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Faucet for sure. I have a refrigerator dispenser that was not connected for years until the silly plumber thought I needed it. I have taken water from it about a handful of times in the last two years.

Quote | Reply
Since the water from the fridge comes straight from the water going to the faucet why would one be better than the other?

The fridge just has water sitting in little dirty lines and a nasty 3 year old filter that has critters growing in it.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We have some of the cleanest tap water available. We recently bought a new fridge and skipped the model with water.

Those things always end up leaking at some point anyway.

We drink a ton of carbonated water, and I do wish we got a model that can carbonate so we could get rid of our sodastream on the counter.

Long Chile was a silly place.
Quote Reply
Re: Fridge or Faucet? [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
j p o wrote:
Since the water from the fridge comes straight from the water going to the faucet why would one be better than the other?

The fridge just has water sitting in little dirty lines and a nasty 3 year old filter that has critters growing in it.

running behind the cabinetry so fixing/replacing is a project

we've got a sub-sink filter and a dedicated tap
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not quite on topic, but can anyone explain to this Brit why, if your water comes out of the faucet (not a tap) its still called tap water ?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We don’t have a dishwasher, I bet your kids would think we are poor😀our friends look at us funny the first time they come over and see us doing dishes by hand....it’s like mind blown they cannot comprehend it!

Maurice
Quote Reply
Re: Fridge or Faucet? [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
j p o wrote:

Change your filters. And take out your trash while you're at it.

So why water from the fridge. Yes, it is tap water. But, it has an additional filter AND the water is cold because of the reservoir in the fridge.

I actually have 2 fridges with water dispensers. One fridge is in the kitchen and contains food. One fridge is in the utility room (behind the kitchen) and it contains only drinks.
Quote Reply
Re: Fridge or Faucet? [dah5609] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dah5609 wrote:
Not quite on topic, but can anyone explain to this Brit why, if your water comes out of the faucet (not a tap) its still called tap water ?

Probably because we use the word tap instead of faucet for the most part. When my son leaves the water running while brushing his teeth I don't say "Turn of the faucet". I say "turn off the tap".

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have only bought one fridge. At no point during the fridge buying process was "does it deliver water?" even a consideration.

I ask one thing of a fridge: "will it keep my food cold".

I guess I am a poser.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
Sub zeros don't have water dispensers, just saying

Yes, this is why I don’t get water from my fridge, although I do at my lake house. ;)
Quote Reply
Re: Fridge or Faucet? [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
dah5609 wrote:

Probably because we use the word tap instead of faucet for the most part. When my son leaves the water running while brushing his teeth I don't say "Turn of the faucet". I say "turn off the tap".

I say "turn the water off."

_____
TEAM HD
Each day is what you make of it so make it the best day possible.
Quote Reply
Re: Fridge or Faucet? [TheRef65] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I might say that too but I use the word tap frequently in the place of the word faucet. I would imagine that most North Americans do.

Quote Reply
Re: Fridge or Faucet? [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
I might say that too but I use the word tap frequently in the place of the word faucet. I would imagine that most North Americans do.

I normally use faucet, actually. I can't remember ever referring to the faucet as the tap. I must be in the minority of North Americans.

_____
TEAM HD
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
but what about those that get their water from the fridge but inside the fridge out of a Brita (or whoever else makes one) that was filled with tap/faucet water? Are those the true middle class? or are they even worse posers desiring to appear to have money when in fact they are posers hiding their poser-dom?
Quote Reply
Re: Fridge or Faucet? [OakCliffTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
OakCliffTri wrote:
but what about those that get their water from the fridge but inside the fridge out of a Brita (or whoever else makes one) that was filled with tap/faucet water? Are those the true middle class? or are they even worse posers desiring to appear to have money when in fact they are posers hiding their poser-dom?

Not sure how to classify since you don't want to appear to have money so you hide your fancy water in the fridge. And Blep called me Snooty. ;-)

_____
TEAM HD
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I guess I'm spoiled, I drink the fridge water. It's filtered and cold.

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace." Jimi Hendrix
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply