Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Massage Gun Recommendations?? [benrunner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Haven’t had the opportunity to compare to other models but really impressed so far. Should also note that at $79.99 it’s the cheapest option I’ve seen (and can’t beat the Costco warranty).

Not sure whether Costco carries something similar in other jurisdictions, but encourage Cdn STers to check it out.

https://www.costco.ca/...oduct.100538231.html
Quote Reply
Re: Massage Gun Recommendations?? [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thomas Gerlach wrote:
Canuck1 wrote:
i have the original theragun and now the g3. I bought the g3 because i was told it was quieter - which it is for sure but not dead quiet per my spouse. Maybe its the noise, but the old one feels stronger but it sounds like a construction site. both are worth every penny

In my review of the Theragun, which I tested with a decibel reader 1 foot from the device, the number was 85. The other device I tested was the Bivi which was 95 but the Bivi is more powerful IMHO. I did not test the hypervolt...Other interesting tidbits on the devices can be found in the review itself. http://www.thomasgerlach.com/...recovery-device.html

TG has never steered me wrong-

Read his review last week and waved in the Bivi, pleasantly surprised having used the $500 models before...I'll keep the Bivi in its case buy the TV and use it during commercials.
Quote Reply
Re: Massage Gun Recommendations?? [pots4] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Have you checked out the new Theraguns yet? Major upgrades across the board. Tempted to trade up here soon to the Elite model.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I got a cheap one off Amazon (<$100) No be brand. Came with a bunch of attachments and works great. Holds a charge well also.

Don't see how it's worth it to spend more.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm interested in the new Theragun's as well.

I'm now on my second Hyper-ice. Bought it mostly because of how quiet it was. The first got quite loud (not to the level of the Original Theragun, but annoying for other people while watching TV).

The second one is now starting to get louder as well.

I talk a lot - Give it a listen: http://www.fasttalklabs.com/category/fast-talk
I also give Training Advice via http://www.ForeverEndurance.com

The above poster has eschewed traditional employment and is currently undertaking the ill-conceived task of launching his own hardgoods company. Statements are not made on behalf of nor reflective of anything in any manner... unless they're good, then they count.
http://www.AGNCYINNOVATION.com
Quote Reply
Re: Massage Gun Recommendations?? [xtrpickels] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
xtrpickels wrote:

I'm now on my second Hyper-ice. Bought it mostly because of how quiet it was. The first got quite loud (not to the level of the Original Theragun, but annoying for other people while watching TV).

So you are saying they get louder as they age?

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thomas Gerlach wrote:
xtrpickels wrote:

So you are saying they get louder as they age?

In my experience, yes. However, I don't know if that is representative of the experiences of others

E.g. my son likes to use it as well (7) and who knows if it gets dropped, etc.

I talk a lot - Give it a listen: http://www.fasttalklabs.com/category/fast-talk
I also give Training Advice via http://www.ForeverEndurance.com

The above poster has eschewed traditional employment and is currently undertaking the ill-conceived task of launching his own hardgoods company. Statements are not made on behalf of nor reflective of anything in any manner... unless they're good, then they count.
http://www.AGNCYINNOVATION.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
[quote Thomas Gerlach

So you are saying they get louder as they age?[/quote]
I'm trying to figure out if this was serious question or a double entendre, lol
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thomas Gerlach wrote:
Canuck1 wrote:
i have the original theragun and now the g3. I bought the g3 because i was told it was quieter - which it is for sure but not dead quiet per my spouse. Maybe its the noise, but the old one feels stronger but it sounds like a construction site. both are worth every penny

In my review of the Theragun, which I tested with a decibel reader 1 foot from the device, the number was 85. The other device I tested was the Bivi which was 95 but the Bivi is more powerful IMHO. I did not test the hypervolt...Other interesting tidbits on the devices can be found in the review itself. http://www.thomasgerlach.com/...recovery-device.html

Replying to TG because I know he uses, owns, and/or tests pretty much every recovery device out there, but hoping anyone will chime in.

I'm thinking about getting a massage gun but hesitant to pull the trigger. For those of you who have one, has it replaced most or all your other recovery tools? I currently use a roller, lacrosse or tennis ball, TP quad baller, the stick, and we recently got a hot tub though I don't know if that falls into the recovery category.

My main issue the past year or so has been my the side of my legs where the vastus lateralis meets the ITBand. My calves and sometimes my glutes/hips can also be problem areas. Last year I developed a nasty knot in the area that no amount of rolling, stretching, strengthening, etc. could help with. I saw a PT and after a few sessions of dry needling I was good to go. I wonder if a percussive massager would help with these kinds of deep muscle knots where foam rolling isn't focused enough or deep enough to help with.

If a massage gun could replace a few dry needling copays then it'll pay for itself. I just don't want to go all in on one of these expensive massagers only to find out it doesn't provide any more relief than sitting in the hot tub with the jets on max.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
benrunner wrote:
Have you checked out the new Theraguns yet? Major upgrades across the board. Tempted to trade up here soon to the Elite model.

Did you decide to get the Theragun Elite? Your earlier posts are really enthusiastic about the Ekrin B37, to the point that I've been considering getting an Ekrin myself. What about the Theragun would make you switch?

Theragun certainly markets themselves as the leader in massage guns, but the Ekrin is half the price of the Elite...
Quote Reply
Re: Massage Gun Recommendations?? [Northy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So I did not. I tried the Elite at Academy sports and it was awesome, but already having the Ekrin, I just couldn't justify the extra cost. Still love the Ekrin, especially for the price to performance ratio.
Quote Reply
Re: Massage Gun Recommendations?? [A527G] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I also thought that the Theragun G2 would be worth the extra cost. But when the battery charger died, they told me that there are no repairs and no replacements available, and that I should buy another entire unit!

Just Say No to Theragun!
Quote Reply
Re: Massage Gun Recommendations?? [starison] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wow. Not nice! How far out are you exactly from date of purchase? If you used a CC with an "extended warranty" option or purchase protection - may consider pursuing that.

starison wrote:
I also thought that the Theragun G2 would be worth the extra cost. But when the battery charger died, they told me that there are no repairs and no replacements available, and that I should buy another entire unit!

Just Say No to Theragun!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Here is our review of Theragun's PRO model after putting it to use for a few months. My favorite is still their mini and aggressively priced at $199.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I ended up getting the Ekrin B37. After a couple weeks of use I’ve decided to send it back. The percussion feels good at the time of use, but I haven’t noticed any actual recovery or warm up benefits.

Sounds like others have had more noticeable benefits from percussion massagers so YMMV. Great customer service from Ekrin though, and a nice 30-day return policy.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Northy wrote:
I ended up getting the Ekrin B37. After a couple weeks of use I’ve decided to send it back. The percussion feels good at the time of use, but I haven’t noticed any actual recovery or warm up benefits.

Sounds like others have had more noticeable benefits from percussion massagers so YMMV. Great customer service from Ekrin though, and a nice 30-day return policy.

Going on about 9 months with mine and still works like it was new. I too reached out to them because I had some spec questions and yeah, super friendly customer support. And you're right, with massage guns or any other tool, YMMV.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looking at Therapy Gun purchase for BlackFriday/CyberMonday. Mine just went dead. It was Gopheer. It actually worked really well for past 11months.
Do you still the Ekrin?
Looking at Lifepro DynaSphere.
A few deals going on now:
https://massagegunfight.com/massage-gun-black-friday-deal/
Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Massage Gun Recommendations?? [manu-sanchez] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, love the Ekrin! Working great.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Any updates for cheaper Amazon guns that do a good job and are quiet.

Let food be thy medicine...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Northy wrote:
Thomas Gerlach wrote:
Canuck1 wrote:

Replying to TG because I know he uses, owns, and/or tests pretty much every recovery device out there, but hoping anyone will chime in.

I'm thinking about getting a massage gun but hesitant to pull the trigger. For those of you who have one, has it replaced most or all your other recovery tools? I currently use a roller, lacrosse or tennis ball, TP quad baller, the stick, and we recently got a hot tub though I don't know if that falls into the recovery category.

My main issue the past year or so has been my the side of my legs where the vastus lateralis meets the ITBand. My calves and sometimes my glutes/hips can also be problem areas. Last year I developed a nasty knot in the area that no amount of rolling, stretching, strengthening, etc. could help with. I saw a PT and after a few sessions of dry needling I was good to go. I wonder if a percussive massager would help with these kinds of deep muscle knots where foam rolling isn't focused enough or deep enough to help with.

If a massage gun could replace a few dry needling copays then it'll pay for itself. I just don't want to go all in on one of these expensive massagers only to find out it doesn't provide any more relief than sitting in the hot tub with the jets on max.

Hey sorry I never saw this back when you posted. I am sure you have decided now but I thought I would say the guns are great for convenience and hitting a targeted area either to work on an injured area or to warm up an area prior to exercise. They definitely have a spot in everyone's toolbox.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Re: Massage Gun Recommendations?? [JackStraw13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I got one a few months ago on Amazon for I think $70? Works well but I have no other reference for it. Has enough power to give a good massage and isn’t too loud. I don’t think I’d ever spend $200 on one of those name brand massage guns, but I’m also really cheap.

Twitter - Instagram
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Today there are só many massage guns you can buy. It start from $50 and can reach $600.The most of them do the same thing and the price differ only by brand name. I can say that because I have tried many of them. When you get a Theragun it really differ from the other models by force, battery life, it comes with two batteries, you can connect with your mobile phone and the quality of the equipment is really good. The problem with Theragun is the high price the sometimes can be 10X more expensive than entry models we can find out there. As Stephanie have mentioned above, the hypervolt is a really good option but it is expensive almost reaching the Theragun price tag.
One model that I really like is the Opove M3 Pro which is not as the Theragun(of course) but it really do a good job. Other good and cheaper option is the LifePro Sonic which is quiet, have 5 speed high-intensity vibration, quick rechargeable device and includes 8 massage heads. I my opinion those two are the best massage guns under $150.
I found this massage gun article with few good options which can help you find the best option for you.
Please let me know if this helps
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Our son got a Vybe Pro and it seems great. Quiet. $150ish.

David
* Ironman for Life! (Blog) * IM Everyday Hero Video * Daggett Shuler Law *
Disclaimer: I have personal and professional relationships with many athletes, vendors, and organizations in the triathlon world.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TaoTonics. It cost me $50 and included shipping.

https://www.taotronics.com/products/tt-pca003-deep-percussion-massager-with-10-levels-massage-gun?gclid=Cj0KCQjwmPSSBhCNARIsAH3cYgbyVPKsaF3sOdwvxbCtrfdjcm4rFAJ2qt-Alh-QBzz5ngtGwONUo_saAhxxEALw_wcB
Quote Reply

Prev Next