Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Cycliq Fly 6 and Fly 12 light issues....
Quote | Reply
Currently have issues with both the 6 and 12, and wondering if anyone else has had something similar
6 - I didn't use it for a while, but it still had a charge so took it out. I cannot get the light pattern or intensity to change when pushing the button to do that. Just get a flashing single light

12 - One day took it off the charger, fully charged, turned it on got the upward chimes, 5 seconds later downward chimes and it just shuts off. Prior to this was working fine, nothing changed, same card etc.

Anyone else?
Last edited by: ChrisM: Jan 24, 20 15:13
Quote Reply
Re: Cycliq Fly 6 and Fly 12 light issues.... [ChrisM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pull up the settings on your iPhone and you should be able to allow more light features.

https://www.strava.com/...tes/zachary_mckinney
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ChrisM wrote:
Currently have issues with both the 6 and 12, and wondering if anyone else has had something similar
6 - I didn't use it for a while, but it still had a charge so took it out. I cannot get the light pattern or intensity to change when pushing the button to do that. Just get a flashing single light

12 - One day took it off the charger, fully charged, turned it on got the upward chimes, 5 seconds later downward chimes and it just shuts off. Prior to this was working fine, nothing changed, same card etc.

Anyone else?

I had a similar issue on my fly 6 CE as you did on your 12. One day it just started a pattern of beeping every 20-30 seconds then shutting down after 10 minutes. I tried everything they told me but when it never fixed, they never offered to take it back and replace it. They just pushed me to try and buy another one at a discount. So that's when I tried Varia and prefer that much more, even if it means the loss of evidence in case of a hit. Once a valid competitor comes out with camera lights, I'll be on top of that.

808 > NYC > PDX > YVR
2024 Races: Taupo
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes, both scenarios, after 3+ months of not being used,

1/ recharging (even recharging for 24 hours) the light would turn itself off within 5 seconds, after being turned on. Contacted Cycliq (email support) who made various recommendations - none helped. Second contact with Cycliq they mailed out a replacement, with a pre-paid envelope for return of the faulty light. Reason given was lack of use, leading to battery not being able to be charged. Was suggested to keep charged.

2/ unable to change light pattern and other settings, again after another period of not being used. The battery was fine after charging. Re-installed the software, (there was a new version anyway to install), and the issue was resolved. i.e. the light and settings including being able to modify these functioned normally.

The answer appears to be not to let the battery fully discharge, and remain discharged for extended periods. Customer service was excellent.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have two Fly6 one for my bride and I - simplest assessment - Junk....

Graham Wilson
USAT Level III Elite Coach
http://www.thewilsongroup.biz
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah, I've had 4 Fly6's, and the 4th just crapped out. Two were replaced on warranty. Waiting to hear back on this 4th. They seem to last me about a year.

I gave them a pass for a few years, as a new company just figuring out consumer electronics. But that grace period is over, and I'm starting to get a little tired of it.
Quote Reply
Re: Cycliq Fly 6 and Fly 12 light issues.... [hadukla] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
hadukla wrote:
Once a valid competitor comes out with camera lights, I'll be on top of that.

They just lost me for good. I spent a ton of time following all their steps for troubleshooting, etc. Then at some point the guy starts repeating suggestions I'd already responded to in detail. So I politely said we should just call it a loss. Didn't ask for a discount or anything. He responded with, "We would like to remind you to be more careful with your device next time ."

I'm pretty sure he was just trolling me at that point.

But, yeah, hello Varia.
Quote Reply
Re: Cycliq Fly 6 and Fly 12 light issues.... [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have not had any problems out of the 6.

I did have 12 replaced. The micro USB port was damaged and even though the chord would go into it, something about the tiny copper stuff got bent and it wasn't actually charging.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yup. My Fly 6 CE won’t turn on either. Rubbish after 1-2 years. Customer service responded, but all they want you to do is to buy another one at 20% off their RRP. Aldi’s bikemate camera has been the best camera I have by far. Waiting for a new or existing company to develop one. (C’mon Garmin)
Quote Reply