Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

DT Swiss 350 Hubs
Quote | Reply
Hello,

Just got a nice set of Roval CL50 wheels (disc brake) with DT Swiss 350 internals. They came with end caps that were for a QR skewer preinstalled. It was very easy to remove those end caps and replace them with the thru axle end caps that I needed. I could feel them snap into place but their wasn't really anything to "lock" them into place other then this snap I felt.

While I was doing this on the rear wheel, I had the end cap removed and noticed that I could easily slide off the freehub shell and expose the bearing assembly. Is this normal? On other sets of wheels I don't remember being able to remove the freehub shell that easily. It makes me think there should be some sort of a lock ring or part that my hubs were missing. Tonight I will try and take some quick pictures to show what I am working with.

I am hoping someone should be able to at least say if the freehub shell should easily come off or if a part needs to be loosened before the shell can be removed.

Thanks,

TB
Quote Reply
Re: DT Swiss 350 Hubs [rutsackrun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Admittedly my DT350s are QR but I don't think that sounds too abnormal, I think the freehub is pretty loose after the end cap is off. Maybe check this video out from like 1:30-2:30.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Normal.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
very normal and one (of many) reasons people love dt hubs (especially for bikepacking). I have a set of crests that I just yank the microspline off and shove on the regular shimano thing to swap from mtb to groad - a lot faster than swapping cassettes the traditional way.
Quote Reply
Re: DT Swiss 350 Hubs [Tim_Canterbury] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks everyone, I feel much more comfortable with my set up now.

I went on the DT Swiss website and found the technical manual, earlier I just thought the regular manual was all they had. As long as I have a good experience with these hubs in the next 2-3 seasons I might be DT swiss all the way. The idea of being able to easily take apart the hub to clean/re grease is awesome.
Quote Reply
Re: DT Swiss 350 Hubs [Tim_Canterbury] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I do that same thing with a pair of Crests because there's no way I want to run a 10-42 for CX when I almost never click .

Two of my other wheels have DT350's and I just swap the front end caps and 54t ratchet between the two instead of buying additional ones.
Quote Reply