Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: DC AG sues Trump's inaugural committee - "abuse of a non-profit" [ajthomas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ajthomas wrote:
"The Deomcrats have been trying to impeach him since day 1"

...That is because he has been illegally misappropriating funds since, well inauguration.

You're underestimating the asshole. It's been a way of life pretty much forever.
Quote Reply
Re: DC AG sues Trump's inaugural committee - "abuse of a non-profit" [jmh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jmh wrote:
I'm beginning to think that Trump might just be a con man with a sole focus of benefiting himself and family.

Truly amazing and astonishing. Who could have seen this coming?

https://www.citizensforethics.org/...conflicts-got-worse/
Unbelievable.

Well, very VERY believable, but still rather remarkable how quickly standards have deteriorated. There was uproar over Clinton conflicts of interest with their foundation - for good reason, it turns out - but that pales in comparison to what Trump has done with his properties and businesses since taking office.

I wonder if we ever get back to 'normal' once Trump's time in office is over.
Quote Reply
Re: DC AG sues Trump's inaugural committee - "abuse of a non-profit" [Brownie28] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Brownie28 wrote:
jmh wrote:
I'm beginning to think that Trump might just be a con man with a sole focus of benefiting himself and family.

Truly amazing and astonishing. Who could have seen this coming?

https://www.citizensforethics.org/...conflicts-got-worse/

Unbelievable.

Well, very VERY believable, but still rather remarkable how quickly standards have deteriorated. There was uproar over Clinton conflicts of interest with their foundation - for good reason, it turns out - but that pales in comparison to what Trump has done with his properties and businesses since taking office.

I think the standard will continue to apply to politicians that have shame and are acting in good faith. trump and Republicans have show that having no shame and no good faith, is a successful strategy. Voters need to show them it is not, but they refuse to do.
Quote Reply
Re: DC AG sues Trump's inaugural committee - "abuse of a non-profit" [Brownie28] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:

If by "normal" you mean caring about egregious self-serving, anti-Constitutional behavior like grifting, violating emoluments clause, obstructing justice, refusing to comply with Congressional mandates, etc., yes: the very second a Democratic President takes office, the return to those values will set a land speed record, and there won't be a hint of shame in it's wake.

The devil made me do it the first time, second time I done it on my own - W
Quote Reply
Re: DC AG sues Trump's inaugural committee - "abuse of a non-profit" [chaparral] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
chaparral wrote:
It really is unbelievable that trumps actual defense in an impeachment trial is that trump cared about corruption and we are supposed to take it seriously. How can Republicans go on TV and not be laughed at?

For that matter, how can someone publicly reveal themselves to be a supporter of the GOP and not be laughed at? My best guess is that it has to do with the sheer number of them and their inability to feel shame, but I'm wondering if that might change some day?

It's often said that by the 1970s, over 80% of the population of France had become members of their WWII resistance. It might be incumbent on decent people in the US to keep receipts.
Quote Reply
Re: DC AG sues Trump's inaugural committee - "abuse of a non-profit" [trois_pample] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trois_pample wrote:
chaparral wrote:
It really is unbelievable that trumps actual defense in an impeachment trial is that trump cared about corruption and we are supposed to take it seriously. How can Republicans go on TV and not be laughed at?

For that matter, how can someone publicly reveal themselves to be a supporter of the GOP and not be laughed at? My best guess is that it has to do with the sheer number of them and their inability to feel shame, but I'm wondering if that might change some day?

It's often said that by the 1970s, over 80% of the population of France had become members of their WWII resistance. It might be incumbent on decent people in the US to keep receipts.

Do you think Mike Pence is just very depressed? I mean, Republicans must just hate him. They would rather denigrate themselves than allow him become president. That just has to crush his ego.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Brownie28 wrote:

I'm optimistic. Trump seems to have his own reality distortion field.

My local House rep., Duncan Hunter, Jr., tried to do the Trump thing after accusations of campaign finance fraud. It didn't work. He was effectively ejected from Congress and is headed to Federal trial. He's turned into a pathetic figure, clearly trying to get on Trump's pardon radar with sycophantic social media stuff. But I think he's a little short on celebrity, despite being one of the original Trump supporters. And though a former Marine, doesn't have enough Special Ops Killer aura to get that angle.
Quote Reply
Re: DC AG sues Trump's inaugural committee - "abuse of a non-profit" [sphere] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sphere wrote:
Quote:

If by "normal" you mean caring about egregious self-serving, anti-Constitutional behavior like grifting, violating emoluments clause, obstructing justice, refusing to comply with Congressional mandates, etc., yes: the very second a Democratic President takes office, the return to those values will set a land speed record, and there won't be a hint of shame in it's wake.

Being the skeptic that I am, I will say that 50% will return to those values, while the other 50% start saying "But Trump..."
Quote Reply

Prev Next