Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

gyms with VASA/rent a VASA: Miami
Quote | Reply
Hi all,

Just had surgery and would like to do some Vasa training over the next couple weeks. Is there any way for me to get access to a Vasa for 5-6 days per week for a few weeks, maybe a month? I have tried searching for gyms and pools with them but have not found anything--I live in Miami. I wouldn't want to buy one--even a used one--unless it were pretty cheap and I couldn't find that. I'd use one at home if a rental service existed, but I couldn't find that either.

Thanks!
Last edited by: michaer27: Jan 22, 20 18:27
Quote Reply
Re: gyms with VASA/rent a VASA: Miami [michaer27] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Check out Vasa's try before you buy tab. Maybe there's a place near you that you could join short term.
Quote Reply
Re: gyms with VASA/rent a VASA: Miami [michaer27] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
get a bb bench and a set of stretch cords and you'll have 90% of a vasa for 10% of the price
Quote Reply
Re: gyms with VASA/rent a VASA: Miami [jollyroger88] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jollyroger88 wrote:
get a bb bench and a set of stretch cords and you'll have 90% of a vasa for 10% of the price

This. The vasa is not the holy grail that it’s made out to be. I used mine for two months and sent it back. I got hosed for $600 for returning it... don’t be me. Get some stretch cords.

@floathammerholdon | @partners_in_tri
Quote Reply
Re: gyms with VASA/rent a VASA: Miami [cloy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Or just go to a body of water and swim
Quote Reply
Re: gyms with VASA/rent a VASA: Miami [Waingro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He probably can't because he just had surgery.

I am a second hand Vasa owner. I bought mine for $600, but had to drive 200 - 300 miles to pick it up. I have yet to consistently use it over the past year, but I agree that bungee cords get you 60 - 80% of the way there when it comes to an Vasa ERG trainer.
Quote Reply
Re: gyms with VASA/rent a VASA: Miami [ChandlerMyles] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks to everyone who answered my questions. The suggestions about the Vasa didn't seem like a viable option for only a month. The bench and cords sound like my best bet, although things aren't looking so grim. After seeing the doc today, I will probably only miss 1.5 weeks of swimming, so I'm not too concerned. I will try the cords out, but I won't sweat it if they aren't perfect. Thanks again!

ChandlerMyles wrote:
He probably can't because he just had surgery.

Yeah, there's always someone with an answer to a question they are asking and not you.
Quote Reply