Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Diet war vegan vs keto.. both work.
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Diet war vegan vs keto.. both work. [synthetic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sometimes I eat vegan. You know, a plain salad before my Keto meal of steak, broccoli and beets. To further validate the article though, the manager I share an office with does Keto. I mistakingly told him about some meals I make and he told more people I follow Keto. Now I can't even eat a farging cookie at company lunches. Yes, talking about it makes it work better. I watch him eat a cookie and everybody gives him shit for eating carbs. I just sit quietly in the corner and keep my mouth shut drinking unsweetened tea.

http://www.sfuelsgolonger.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I wonder if we can extrapolate these findings to intermittent fasting, too?

@floathammerholdon | @partners_in_tri
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There's a heizenberg joke in there somewhere.

...or a...

"If a person follows a diet and doesn't tell anyone about it, did it really happen?" philosophy question.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Confessions of a calorie restrictionist:

I eat less calories than I burn, to lose weight. The end.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It has always seemed obvious, to me, that practically any "imbalanced" diet can result in weight loss. I never caught the "tell everybody" connection though. Perhaps that's because the failures never let me know they were trying!
Quote Reply
Re: Diet war vegan vs keto.. both work. [cloy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
To be a little more serious...I expect this works for pretty much anything. there's nothing specific to vegan or keto, here.

I thought this was all pretty well worn goal setting "best practice". Telling someone about your goal, helps make it "real" and increases the sense of accountability----Even if they never actively participate in holding you accountable.
Last edited by: Tom_hampton: Jan 20, 20 14:36
Quote Reply
Re: Diet war vegan vs keto.. both work. [Tom_hampton] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
IIRC, there is at least some body of evidence out there that suggests the contrary. Something along the lines of verbally disclosing your goals conditions your brain into believing it's already happened and therefor you don't try as hard in your efforts in pursuing that goal.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
cloy wrote:
IIRC, there is at least some body of evidence out there that suggests the contrary.

Just to be clear, this article is just satire making fun of keto and vegan dieters. There is no study.

Another headline is, "Biologists observe Anti-Vaccers making tools, solving simple problems at area Zoo."
Last edited by: trail: Jan 20, 20 15:13
Quote Reply
Re: Diet war vegan vs keto.. both work. [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
cloy wrote:
IIRC, there is at least some body of evidence out there that suggests the contrary.

Just to be clear, this article is just satire making fun of keto and vegan dieters. There is no study.

Another headline is, "Biologists observe Anti-Vaccers making tools, solving simple problems at area Zoo."

100% got it. hah. It was in re: to the comment I replied to referencing public accountability of goals.

Quote Reply
Re: Diet war vegan vs keto.. both work. [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's funny. I totally missed it. Suckered by synthetic. Oh well.... Shit happens.

I like that antivaxer headline better. That's much funnier.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
NSA confirms everything is a conspiracy, conspiracy theorists not convinced

My favorite.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How can you tell someone is a vegan or on keto?

Don’t worry they’ll tell you
Quote Reply
Re: Diet war vegan vs keto.. both work. [MrTri123] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm keto-vegan... I only eat plant based, simulated meat products.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I eat a healthy balanced diet. I'm sorry in advance that it isn't good enough for most people (pink).
Quote Reply