Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Adidas prototype (the answer to the Vaporfly?) [OddSlug] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Part of me wonders if any shoe companies will be impacted by supply chain issues stemming from the coronavirus. Other industries are starting to feel it (smart phones especially).

Normally, a shoe company might just push back the release date for this kind of thing, but given that the shoes need to be released before a certain date and everyone cutting it close, you'd wonder if any companies are in danger of not releasing in time.
Quote Reply
Re: Adidas prototype (the answer to the Vaporfly?) [jaredhartshorn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jaredhartshorn wrote:
I thought that the rule was that the shoe had to be commercially available for anyone to buy, 4 months before the games, in order for sponsored athletes to be able to use the shoe at the games

If general release is 6 weeks later, doesn't that mean they aren't available for everyone to buy and thus aren't legal for the Olympic games?

It's going to be released first in global major markets at select stores. If you're a local running shop selling 20 - 40 pair of Adidas per month you're not getting it until 1 June.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Re: Adidas prototype (the answer to the Vaporfly?) [Pyrenean Wolf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Drop 8.5

Looks like I'll have to wait for Altra to come up with a 4percenter (or more).
Quote Reply

Prev Next