Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: NFL Conference Championship games [axlsix3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What a day! My dream would have been chiefs V. Packers. But I am so happy about the Chiefs. This is what I posted earlier today before the games started.

Yea! Game day!

I have been a Chiefs fan since I was a little girl. Len Dawson, Hank Stram, Jan Stenerud, Ed Podolak, Otis Taylor, Bobby Bell, Buck Buchanan and more.

And a Packers fan since I was a little girl. Vince Lombardi, Bart Starr, Ray Nitschke, Herb Adderly.

And I’ve been to multiple 49ers Super Bowl parades. Joe Montana, Dwight Clark, Ronnie Lott, Joe Walsh, Jerry Rice, Steve Young, Roger Craig.

Attending the 1997 NFC Championship game with Benjamin Farber (Packers @ 49ers at Candlestick Park)

And now living in Nashville and I did have Titans season tickets for 2 seasons when I first moved here but hockey won out.

So no matter what happens today - I WIN!

❤️💛
đź’šđź’›
❤️🤍
💙💙

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Re: NFL Conference Championship games [ironclm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

~Brad
Last edited by: bradword: Jan 19, 20 19:59
Quote Reply
Re: NFL Conference Championship games [windywave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
If we had picked Mahomes he'd be the bust and Mitch would be going to the SB

Supposed to be pink? Mahomes wouldn't be a bust even in Chicago and Trubisky would be better if Reid were his coach but he'd look a lot more like Matt Moore than Mahomes. As long as Mahomes is spinning the ball that draft pick is gonna haunt Chicago
Last edited by: D.O.: Jan 20, 20 2:30
Quote Reply
Re: NFL Conference Championship games [rick_pcfl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
49ers are 3-0 so far this year against QB’s that are in insurance commercials. Is Mahomes next? #nextgenstats

Matt
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
axlsix3 wrote:
Jeebus I haven't seen holes that big since Ginger Lynn.

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: NFL Conference Championship games [Chemist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Chemist wrote:
49ers are 3-0 so far this year against QB’s that are in insurance commercials. Is Mahomes next? #nextgenstats

Hmmmmm. Really?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Chemist wrote:

"Where is Tom Brady going next year?"
"Either Allstate or Progressive"

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Chemist wrote:

Solid analysis right there.

Suffer Well.
Quote Reply
Re: NFL Conference Championship games [D.O.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
D.O. wrote:
windywave wrote:
If we had picked Mahomes he'd be the bust and Mitch would be going to the SB

Supposed to be pink? Mahomes wouldn't be a busted (literally) in Chicago and Trubisky would be better if Reid were his coach but he'd look a lot more like Matt Moore than Mahomes. As long as Mahomes is spinning the ball that draft pick is gonna haunt Chicago

Fix that for you. I think if Mahommes or Watson ended up in Chicago they'd both have career ending injuries by now considering how bad that O-line is. And both have had some pretty bad injuries for their respective teams (Watson's knee innards and Mahommes knee cap). Thinking Andrew Luck effect and ending up with some pretty nasty/alarming injuries...every year. I predict Wentz is going to end up like Luck and hope he decides to retire before it gets too bad (like Kuechly). I like Wentz too and hope he can stay healthy throughout the rest of his career but it doesn't look good.

I'm not surprised how the 49ers dominated that game (didn't watch most of it though but caught some of it) but knew that was most likely going to be the case because of how scary that pass rush is when fully healthy (without the run game Rodgers has no other consistent weapons if Adams is covered). Was rooting for the Titans to win because I'd love to see an underdog like that make it but was fine with either team making it on the AFC side. Hopefully it's an entertaining Superb Owl in a couple of weeks. Be interesting to see how each team game plans. Chief's crazy offense vs 49ers defensive front and the Chiefs D vs that run game for the 49ers. The fact that they stopped Henry when practically no-one else could means they will try to force Garrapolo to win the game on his arm which hasn't been needed for them this playoffs so far. If they can make him throw at least 20 times in the game then the Chiefs might force 1-2 turnovers via strip-sack and/or interceptions. But we'll see come game time. I just want to see crazy shootouts and wtf special teams stuff (like how the Chiefs-Texans game was).
Last edited by: loxx0050: Jan 20, 20 8:26
Quote Reply
Re: NFL Conference Championship games [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
GB is done. We overpaid a QB whose best days are FAR behind him. Sad.

This is most correct take you've ever made on the state of football in GB.

Suffer Well.
Quote Reply
Re: NFL Conference Championship games [jmh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jmh wrote:
JSA wrote:

Aaron would disagree with that assessment.

"The window is open for us, and that's the exciting thing," he said. "It doesn't make this feeling any easier, but that's exciting moving forward.
"Like I said, the window is open and I think we'll be on the right side of one of these real soon."

https://www.packers.com/...indow-is-open-for-us
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
axlsix3 wrote:
jmh wrote:
JSA wrote:

Aaron would disagree with that assessment.

"The window is open for us, and that's the exciting thing," he said. "It doesn't make this feeling any easier, but that's exciting moving forward.
"Like I said, the window is open and I think we'll be on the right side of one of these real soon."

https://www.packers.com/...indow-is-open-for-us

He can disagree... the stats say otherwise. Like he's been very average this season.

Here is where he almost shines:

Suffer Well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wow looking at some of those graphs shows Carr ahead of Rodgers? That's interesting since I've seen most of Carr's game and maybe 3 or 4 GB games and Carr is an average QB. And Mayfield ahead of Rodgers in QBR?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
axlsix3 wrote:
Wow looking at some of those graphs shows Carr ahead of Rodgers? That's interesting since I've seen most of Carr's game and maybe 3 or 4 GB games and Carr is an average QB. And Mayfield ahead of Rodgers in QBR?

Data is a bitch sometimes.

Suffer Well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not to pile on the crap-on-Rodgers train here but he's been pretty mediocre in the playoffs, for a guy who a lot of people say is the most talented quarterback ever he's really had a very disappointing playoff career. Even this game, I hear a lot of people saying the defense once again let them down. Sure, the defense was terrible. But the offense went punt-punt-punt-Rodgers fumble-Rodgers INT-punt in the first half. I don't care what the defense is doing that's horrible.

Mahomes and the high-powered Chiefs offense vs this all-around juggernaut 49ers team. This should be a fun, fun Super Bowl.
Quote Reply
Re: NFL Conference Championship games [Brownie28] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had to look this up but I don't ever recall a top paid QB winning a Super Bowl. Found this article: https://www.theringer.com/...sins-patrick-mahomes

If you don't have the time to read this here is an exert to note:

Quote:
Patriots owner Robert Kraft told Sports Illustrated in 2013 that if Tom Brady made “elite” quarterback money, the team wouldn’t have been able to build a contender. His comments came before the great quarterback pay boom. Brady has taken less than his market value at basically every turn. A team can pay a quarterback a lot of money and win at a high level, but it becomes harder to build the rest of the roster.

The only team to win the Super Bowl while having its two highest-paid players make more than 21.6 percent of the salary cap is the 49ers in 1994 with Steve Young and Jerry Rice. Teams that spread the money around usually benefit. The two highest-paid players on the Eagles’ Super Bowl–winning team last year combined for 11.6 percent of the cap. The New York Giants paid Eli Manning and Olivier Vernon 22 percent of the cap this season. Moore points out that the 2017 Falcons came close to winning the Super Bowl with Ryan and Julio Jones accounting for nearly 25 percent of the cap, but Atlanta had a heavy concentration of talented rookie defenders on cheap contracts. The Saints pay Brees and Cameron Jordan slightly over 21.6 percent, meaning they could follow the example set by the 1994 49ers. That, of course, is made possible by the fact that Alvin Kamara, Michael Thomas, and Marshon Lattimore, among many others, are playing at superstar levels on rookie deals.

Edit: The last part of the article makes me laugh though about Trubisky. Since this article came out nearly 1 year ago and didn't have his dumpster fire of 2019 season to make one reconsider using that anecdote to close out the article.
Last edited by: loxx0050: Jan 20, 20 11:02
Quote Reply

Prev Next