Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: How many people voted for Trump because they didn't want HC to win? [spntrxi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
spntrxi wrote:
gofigure wrote:
windywave wrote:
gofigure wrote:
Can we at least be more deliberate in the use of the terms Republican and Conservative?

There are too many simpletons to accomplish that goal

Only looking to school 'em up so they might understand why there are Never Trumper conservatives. It is a simple observation after all.

I can understand why those exist... there are a lot of don't like trump conservatives too.. and hate liberal conservatives as well.. which is pretty much the subject of this thread.

WTF is a Trump conservative?

Liberal conservative is an oxymoron
Quote Reply
Re: How many people voted for Trump because they didn't want HC to win? [windywave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am intellectually curious as to what he means. This new trumpism requires a better understanding. Pinning trump down on anything is futile except that we know if it is good for him then it will, by force of message to the masses, be good for them too. Oh yeah, he has our back! MAGA and when we reach that state, he will be off to the golf course to KAGA.
Quote Reply
Re: How many people voted for Trump because they didn't want HC to win? [windywave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
spntrxi wrote:
gofigure wrote:
windywave wrote:
gofigure wrote:
Can we at least be more deliberate in the use of the terms Republican and Conservative?

There are too many simpletons to accomplish that goal

Only looking to school 'em up so they might understand why there are Never Trumper conservatives. It is a simple observation after all.

I can understand why those exist... there are a lot of don't like trump conservatives too.. and hate liberal conservatives as well.. which is pretty much the subject of this thread.

WTF is a Trump conservative?

no man...

"don't like trump conservatives". and. "hate liberals conservative". the latter being rather repetitive I think.
Last edited by: spntrxi: Jan 19, 20 20:53
Quote Reply
Re: How many people voted for Trump because they didn't want HC to win? [jkca1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Me. Held my nose and pulled the lever in 2016, but the left’s response pushed aside any second guessing of my decision. For, 2020, I will go to the polls and enthusiastically vote for Trump a second time. So, cue up all of the name calling and snide comments all of you lefties in here love to throw out there, I don’t care. It is pretty clear right now that there isn’t anyone on the Dem bench that can beat him and barring some sort of major F* up, he is a shoe in.

As a side benefit, all of us conservatives will be able to, once again, do a YouTube search for “lefty reactions to 2020 election results” just like we did in 2016 and be entertained for hours watching grown adults acting like children.

Greg

If you are a Canuck that engages in gratuitous bashing of the US, you are probably on my Iggy List. So, save your self a bunch of typing a response unless you also feel the need to gratuitously bash me. If so, have fun.
"Don't underestimate Joe's ability to f___ things up" - Barack Obama, 2020
Quote Reply
Re: How many people voted for Trump because they didn't want HC to win? [spntrxi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
spntrxi wrote:
Kay Serrar wrote:
spntrxi wrote:
never mind .. I'm done with it. ...you can't be helped

Another insightful post. I guess when all your arguments have fallen in tatters, it’s time to duck out.

not ducking out... just tired of your hack stupidness....

You were NEVER a conservative.. this is what you should admit.... get it. you only pretend/pretended to be one... get it?

Why is it so hard to believe a, presumably white, middle aged guy on a triathlon forum be conservative? The idea this is a bastion of liberal thought is absurd.

_____
TEAM HD
Each day is what you make of it so make it the best day possible.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Help me out please . I did not understand it the first time and now I am even further away from understanding.
Quote Reply
Re: How many people voted for Trump because they didn't want HC to win? [TheRef65] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TheRef65 wrote:
spntrxi wrote:
Kay Serrar wrote:
spntrxi wrote:

Another insightful post. I guess when all your arguments have fallen in tatters, it’s time to duck out.

You were NEVER a conservative.. this is what you should admit.... get it. you only pretend/pretended to be one... get it?

Why is it so hard to believe a, presumably white, middle aged guy on a triathlon forum be conservative? The idea this is a bastion of liberal thought is absurd.

Eh people get run off that piss off the grand poobah
Quote Reply
Re: How many people voted for Trump because they didn't want HC to win? [TheRef65] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TheRef65 wrote:
spntrxi wrote:
Kay Serrar wrote:
spntrxi wrote:

white guilt is real.. :)
Quote Reply
Post deleted by spudone [ In reply to ]
Re: How many people voted for Trump because they didn't want HC to win? [gofigure] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Only looking to school 'em up so they might understand why there are Never Trumper conservatives. It is a simple observation after all.[/quote]

Based on the polls, there aren’t very many conservatives not supporting Trump.
Quote Reply
Re: How many people voted for Trump because they didn't want HC to win? [gregtryin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
gregtryin wrote:
Me. Held my nose and pulled the lever in 2016, but the left’s response pushed aside any second guessing of my decision. For, 2020, I will go to the polls and enthusiastically vote for Trump a second time. So, cue up all of the name calling and snide comments all of you lefties in here love to throw out there, I don’t care. It is pretty clear right now that there isn’t anyone on the Dem bench that can beat him and barring some sort of major F* up, he is a shoe in.

As a side benefit, all of us conservatives will be able to, once again, do a YouTube search for “lefty reactions to 2020 election results” just like we did in 2016 and be entertained for hours watching grown adults acting like children.

Greg

I agree the reaction will almost certainly be laced with absurdity, but would you agree that is likely a reason why Obama got a 2nd term as well? The Republican response to him winning and everything he did was just as comical. Did you find that just as entertaining or is it just when the Democrats do it? Trump ran on a platform to literally reverse everything Obama did with attempts to ruin those associated with him. Nominating Trump was a just a slight overreaction imo. To revel in one absurdity over another at this point is quite disingenuous and pure ideological posturing.
Quote Reply
Re: How many people voted for Trump because they didn't want HC to win? [gofigure] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
gofigure wrote:
Help me out please . I did not understand it the first time and now I am even further away from understanding.

i took it to mean there are conservatives who hate trump and conservatives who hate liberals, but I am confused by much of what they say so take that fwiw.
Quote Reply
Re: How many people voted for Trump because they didn't want HC to win? [spudone] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
spudone wrote:
gofigure wrote:

A person that identifies as conservative solely because he hates liberals.

Sadly that makes sense and is in line with the hate and fear messaging of Trumpism. I really would like spntrx to respond.
Quote Reply
Re: How many people voted for Trump because they didn't want HC to win? [TimeIsUp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TimeIsUp wrote:
gofigure wrote:

i took it to mean there are conservatives who hate trump and conservatives who hate liberals, but I am confused by much of what they say so take that fwiw.

Thanks, this makes sense as well. Whatever became of my generation's peace and love hippies? Those pot smoking, acid tripping, free love, peaceniks were the angry old white man's object of hate. It was simpler then when conservatives just hated the younger change agent liberals. Nowadays with Trump, not being either conservative nor liberal, but rather more the authoritarian contrarian, those with hate can just lash out in any direction at any crowd of folks that is not quite the same as them to make themselves feel justified in their hate. So it is that confusion rules and hate and fear dominate over love and peace. Still waiting for spntrx to clear it up though.

Back in the day we also had the slogan "better living through chemistry" and it has resulted in plastic straws on beaches. Today's pollution is of the mind and we have "better living through hate and fear". Results tbd.
Last edited by: gofigure: Jan 20, 20 7:29
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think liberal conserativism comes from 1) minimal government intervention in economy, 2) need government intervention in social/civil liberities. (this type of "independent" probably loved trump in 2016. Love him now)

Somewhat on the other side of the coin of fiscally conservative - socially liberal. (this type of person probably loved trump in 2016, dislikes him now)
Last edited by: patentattorney: Jan 20, 20 7:33
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
gofigure wrote:
TimeIsUp wrote:
gofigure wrote:

Thanks, this makes sense as well. Whatever became of my generation's peace and love hippies? Those pot smoking, acid tripping, free love, peaceniks were the angry old white man's object of hate. It was simpler then when conservatives just hated the younger change agent liberals. Nowadays with Trump, not being either conservative nor liberal, but rather more the authoritarian contrarian, those with hate can just lash out in any direction at any crowd of folks that is not quite the same as them to make themselves feel justified in their hate. So it is that confusion rules and hate and fear dominate over love and peace. Still waiting for spntrx to clear it up though.

I can only "clear it up" as it pertains to myself...

I did not vote for Trump, I will not vote for him in 2020. I did not vote for HC in 2016 and never would. I don't see myself voting for any democratic candidate either..especially Warren and Sanders. So I likely will not vote for POTUS in 2020. I also don't have either version of TDS.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Understood. Thank you.
Quote Reply
Re: How many people voted for Trump because they didn't want HC to win? [TimeIsUp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"The Republican response to him winning and everything he did was just as comical. Did you find that just as entertaining or is it just when the Democrats do it?"

It wasn't even close. Try to find the parade of celebrities claiming they were moving to Canada. Try to find other celebs and regular citizens recording their selves having meltdowns and posting them to YouTube. Show me a link to people announcing, on Inauguration Day, that the impeachment process starts today. Show me the conservatives burning limos in DC or screaming at the sky on their knees. How about conservative commentators nearly breaking down on TV? Didn't see any. Several of the web based liberal shows (Young Turks comes to mind) went off the deep end with profanity laced tirades. I could go on, but this really isn't even debatable. If you think there is any sort of equivalency, your are deeply delusional.

"Trump ran on a platform to literally reverse everything Obama did with attempts to ruin those associated with him. Nominating Trump was a just a slight overreaction imo."

Well, Obama did do some stupid stuff, then lied about it. The ACA was a disaster and even the Clintons admitted it. A national health care program was a huge project for Hillary while Bill was in office and even SHE said it the ACA was not workable. So, I believe conservatives got behind someone that ran on a platform of getting rid of it, or at least making it non-mandatory. He has done that.

But, Trump didn't win based on a campaign of reversing Obama actions, he won because HC was a terrible candidate. I don't know what you are referencing with your comment about 'idealogical posturing'. I answered the OP's question and I am not 'posturing' as a conservative. I am one.

Greg

If you are a Canuck that engages in gratuitous bashing of the US, you are probably on my Iggy List. So, save your self a bunch of typing a response unless you also feel the need to gratuitously bash me. If so, have fun.
"Don't underestimate Joe's ability to f___ things up" - Barack Obama, 2020
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:

George Will would like to have a word about that.

Do some research on "classic liberalism" and his book The Conservative Sensibility.

Suffer Well.
Quote Reply

Prev Next