Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

'Messiah' on Netflix
Quote | Reply
We are watching, 6 episodes in and I do recommend the series. It's not like any show I've seen before.
Story revolves around an alleged 'Messiah', in current times. Whether or not one believes in any Messiah, or whether the series ultimately portrays this character as a Messiah or not - it details interesting elements in any Messiah story:
There are True Believers, many of whom have pathologies.
There are major doubters who methodically see the Light.
There are religious leaders who see Messiah as false prophet.
There are political leaders who fear social upheaval and ervolution.
. . . and to everyone (including most viewers I suspect) - hear a majority of the Messiah's verbage as somewhere between annoying and baffling.
Series does accomplish a major aspect of any Messiah - a Messiah sees the world differently, or more accurately, a Messiah sees a different world.
Quote Reply
Re: 'Messiah' on Netflix [LorenzoP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was looking at this so will give it a try.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
just finished it and there is a lot to unpack. I hope it gets a second season even though i'm not sure it would clear up much of anything. the creators clearly want to keep everything such that seeds of faith and doubt are equally placed at every turn. al-masih could just as easily be the anti-christ as he could be the messiah.

after a bit of internet searching, there are some good easter eggs such as the book Samir was reading to Jabril - The Little Prince. Won't go into detail here, but you can look up elsewhere if you like.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's a good series, no doubt. I wasn't quite sure what to expect, but I'm impressed. I'm now kinda surprised a series like this hasn't been done yet - the whole concept makes for a fascinating storyline!

Dunno if a season 2 is approved or whatever, but the writers clearly tee'd it up at the end of this season.

Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball
Quote Reply