Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Getting very little speed increase with Next % compared to 4%
Quote | Reply
Have tested numerous times by HR, PE and Power with Stryd

Noticeable speed increase with 4% at same PE, HR and power VS Hoka Clifton 4

Little to no increase in speed with Next % VS Hoka Clifton 4

Anyone else experiencing anything like this?

I wish it were the other way around because I have a new pair of Next and am on the last mikes I believe in the 4%

Have heard there are fake Next %. Just wondering
Last edited by: MrTri123: Jan 17, 20 14:24
Quote Reply
Re: Getting very little speed increase with Next % compared to 4% [MrTri123] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Where did you buy them from?
Quote Reply
Re: Getting very little speed increase with Next % compared to 4% [MrTri123] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What is your weight v height and what pace do you run at? I have read a lot on here about people saying how amazing the are even when they run so slow. My findings as a 6' tall 180 pound 82kg athlete that at 5'/km they have no advantage and as I get faster they feel like they are a better shoe. I have run several 70.3 races in various conditions including in the heat and a lot I was around 5'/km pace and the 4% is just a soft shoe. I ran several 70.3 races in warm conditions and ran around 4'30"/km pace and it was a good shoe but a 70.3 in the rain/cool at 4'/km pace and wow they are an amazing shoe setting my fastest ever 70.3 time. I am comparing that against the Hoka Clayton and Cavu that I used to race in.

As for the Next% they feel like they give a greater energy return at a slower speed but apart from an IM haven't run a 70.3 in them to compare.

Personally I feel unless you are maybe a lighter runner you may get some advantage at slower pace and may vary a little between athletes but unless you are a faster runner you aren't getting the advantages the shoe can and claims to offer.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Are you recalibrating the stryd every time? Without that, those power metrics aren't going to be valid
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just to add some experience data:
I am at least as fast with the next% compared with the 4%.
And I would say I am about 4% faster on any distance, whether 1km or a marathon, than with any other shoe I ever ran.
Quote Reply