Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

$30,000-ish in legal fees to prevent neighbor from feeding your cat
Quote | Reply
some people have a lot of time and resources to spare . . . crazy cat people throw down:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/...FD8ZwbG-vG9CHpgfGnAc
Quote Reply
Re: $30,000-ish in legal fees to prevent neighbor from feeding your cat [kiki] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
kiki wrote:
some people have a lot of time and resources to spare . . . crazy cat people throw down:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/...FD8ZwbG-vG9CHpgfGnAc

Crazy psychotherapist needs a psychotherapist. That and to learn how to not let the cat out.
Quote Reply
Re: $30,000-ish in legal fees to prevent neighbor from feeding your cat [kiki] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Meanwhile Ozzy is livin` the life. lol : )
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm not a cat person, so, I ask b/c I have only had dogs - can't you just keep the cat inside? Isn't this on the owner for allowing her cat to free roam?

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If lady goes to cat-owner's house and starts feeding the cat, there might be a valid case. If cat comes over to lady's house, too fricken bad.

Take a short break from ST and read my blog:
http://tri-banter.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Re: $30,000-ish in legal fees to prevent neighbor from feeding your cat [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bingo, I have a cat. Neutered and front declawed. He is an indoor cat. That can't happen.

JSA wrote:
I'm not a cat person, so, I ask b/c I have only had dogs - can't you just keep the cat inside? Isn't this on the owner for allowing her cat to free roam?
Quote Reply
Re: $30,000-ish in legal fees to prevent neighbor from feeding your cat [NormM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
NormM wrote:
Meanwhile Ozzy is livin` the life. lol : )

some cats learn how to turn on the charm. We've got one local, Rocky, who's adorable, comes trotting over to say hi, mooches, lurks to be let in.

100% he's got neighbours feeding him up and down the street.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I would have offered half the price to fix her home and cat to make sure the thing doesn't escape.

Cat people are nuts!
Quote Reply
Re: $30,000-ish in legal fees to prevent neighbor from feeding your cat [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
I'm not a cat person, so, I ask b/c I have only had dogs - can't you just keep the cat inside?

Yes, but why choose the obvious solution?

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Had a friend who’s neighbor left a bowl of beer everyday for their golden retriever. They couldn’t understand why the vet diagnosed the dog as having cirrhosis of the liver at age five.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Absoluetly... my contention is if they are free and out and about and come to your property for hanging and chillin... so be it. As long as you aren't letting them in and keeping them captive. Cat's are funny that way and it's not unusual if your cat is not strictly an indoor cat.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Plus... give your cat enough beer and they are not going anywhere. : )
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:

I have a cat. Sure, you can force a cat to stay indoor but cats are outdoor animals and should go outside. I am very much against keeping cats inside. If you live in a condo please don't have a cat. I always feel sorry for them. They need to go out, roam, sniff, dig, climb, chase other creatures, be active.
Quote Reply
Re: $30,000-ish in legal fees to prevent neighbor from feeding your cat [EndlessH2O] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
EndlessH2O wrote:
Had a friend who’s neighbor left a bowl of beer everyday for their golden retriever. They couldn’t understand why the vet diagnosed the dog as having cirrhosis of the liver at age five.

I brought my horse Guinness for his 21st and he didn’t drink it. Barn owner and I finished the rest.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm guessing by the replies here, and the mis-leading title not many read the article.

The lady was taking the cat collar off and replacing it with one with her name and phone. Detaining the cat, and grooming it etc.. It was more than just leaving food out for the cat.

That said, damn outdoor cat people.. You let it roam, anything can happen, and its really not yours.

Just Triing
Triathlete since 9:56:39 AM EST Aug 20, 2006.
Be kind English is my 2nd language. My primary language is Dave it's a unique evolution of English.
Quote Reply
Re: $30,000-ish in legal fees to prevent neighbor from feeding your cat [softrun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
softrun wrote:
JSA wrote:

I have a cat. Sure, you can force a cat to stay indoor but cats are outdoor animals and should go outside. I am very much against keeping cats inside. If you live in a condo please don't have a cat. I always feel sorry for them. They need to go out, roam, sniff, dig, climb, chase other creatures, be active.

Apparently you forgot about the part where they kill birds
Quote Reply
Re: $30,000-ish in legal fees to prevent neighbor from feeding your cat [ChiTownJack] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ChiTownJack wrote:
softrun wrote:
JSA wrote:

Yup, they do. They also kill mice. Isn't it nature?
Quote Reply
Re: $30,000-ish in legal fees to prevent neighbor from feeding your cat [softrun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
softrun wrote:
JSA wrote:

F'n cat owners.. you want it outside, then enclose your backyard so it go be outdoors on your property.

Fortunately I understand it's not the cat's fault. But I have often been tempted to leave a tray of engine coolant around. Wife told me one time the neighbors cat (well it was at our house maybe that made it my cat) jumped in our van. Told her lucky for the cat I wasn't driving, would have closed the doors driven 30 miles away and open the doors.

Is it ok if I let my dog go run around your lawn, jump on your cars, shit in your kids sandbox.

Just Triing
Triathlete since 9:56:39 AM EST Aug 20, 2006.
Be kind English is my 2nd language. My primary language is Dave it's a unique evolution of English.
Quote Reply
Re: $30,000-ish in legal fees to prevent neighbor from feeding your cat [ChiTownJack] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ChiTownJack wrote:
softrun wrote:
JSA wrote:

It is the getting smashed in the road part that is tough to take. Nothing quite as fun as scraping your cat off the road. Except maybe my neighbor who had to chase the buzzards off so he could scrape it up before his kids saw it.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ChiTownJack wrote:
softrun wrote:
JSA wrote:

sky rats...

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
OMG, They paid more in legal fees than the recent CATastrophe made at the box office.

________
It doesn't really matter what Phil is saying, the music of his voice is the appropriate soundtrack for a bicycle race. HTupolev
Quote Reply