Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Help me store my NEXT pair of shoes
Quote | Reply
After reading all the hype I'm ready to pull the trigger on a new pair of the Nike NEXT. That will be one more pair of shoes in my personal inventory (no worries; I'm not close to Imelda's record yet). I'm looking for ideas on how to store my shoes that will optimize space, provide the right environment for long term care, and look somewhat appealing. Amazon has a plethora of shoe racks for "normal" shoes. What are you using to store your running shoes and why?
Last edited by: TJ56: Jan 16, 20 10:57
Quote Reply
Re: Help me store my NEXT pair of shoes [TJ56] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My sports closet--I run in 'em and throw them in there when they are done. I do this so I'll know where to find them the next time I want to run in them....

Randy Christofferson(http://www.rcmioga.blogspot.com

Insert Doubt. Erase Hope. Crush Dreams.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The floor. Gravity.:)
Quote Reply
Re: Help me store my NEXT pair of shoes [Tri.Tony] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tri.Tony wrote:
The floor. Gravity.:)

This is what gravity looks like in my mud room:
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
As I have so many shoes and don't like sorting through them on the floor of my robe I have two of these screwed to the back of each door taking 12 pairs a side. Every pair easy to find when I want them and out the way.
https://www.amazon.com.au/...1022503021&psc=1
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Given the price of the Next%

I use a multi-tier rack in the garage. That way they can dry out, and don't track dirt or smells into the house.

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Re: Help me store my NEXT pair of shoes [Titanflexr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The garage is the logical spot, however, here in the Midwest it's not real appealing to start a run with a cold pair of shoes.
I'm going to work on a solution this weekend as the pile got a little bit bigger yesterday after a trip to the running store;)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wait a bit, then buy :
Brooks Hyperion Elite or
Saucony Endorphin Pro or Speed or
NB Racer

as efficient as Next, much less expensive (easy), more stable (easy), and with price difference buy a rack.
Quote Reply
Re: Help me store my NEXT pair of shoes [Pyrenean Wolf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pyrenean Wolf wrote:
Wait a bit, then buy :
Brooks Hyperion Elite or
Saucony Endorphin Pro or Speed or
NB Racer

as efficient as Next, much less expensive (easy), more stable (easy), and with price difference buy a rack.

Oooh, so you have already seen in-depth scientific analysis or strava data meta-analysis showing equal efficiency/speed improvements on all these other shoes you name? Please share.

808 > NYC > PDX > YVR
2024 Races: Taupo
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've got like 6 of these shoe racks. One for each closet. Simple and efficient and only $15

https://www.walmart.com/...YVF_9UMaAvGEEALw_wcB
Quote Reply
Re: Help me store my NEXT pair of shoes [hadukla] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
1) of course not, but confident it will happen soon. Nothing magical in the VF, except the Nike capacity to sell this shoe to people who can't really use it...

2) the VF is so unstable I can't use it. As many peoples. So, yes, for sure, some better shoes will arise soon.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We have a "bookcase" with shelves sloping slightly towards the wall near our garage exit door. Shelves are various heights to hold boots/shoes/flip flops/helmets
Quote Reply
Re: Help me store my NEXT pair of shoes [Pyrenean Wolf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pyrenean Wolf wrote:
1) of course not, but confident it will happen soon. Nothing magical in the VF, except the Nike capacity to sell this shoe to people who can't really use it...

2) the VF is so unstable I can't use it. As many peoples. So, yes, for sure, some better shoes will arise soon.

It's not magic, it's patented. I would say that someday, some shoe will come out that better than the vaporfly but to say there will be equals is less likely.

As someone who *shouldn't* run in them, I have learned that more often than not it has more to do with some instability above the foot that can be defended to a point. I have been training in my stability shoes and racing in either VF or zoom fly and been fine.

808 > NYC > PDX > YVR
2024 Races: Taupo
Quote Reply
Re: Help me store my NEXT pair of shoes [hadukla] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Pebax is not a Nike patent.
Reebok use it.
Saucony now use it also.
Some other foam (Hyper Burst, ...) are as good, or nearly, or better, ...

Carbon plate and its shape.... well, many other already use carbon plates with similar or different shape...

You are right, in a few month, several shoes will be better for me and most runners. And less expensive.
Quote Reply