Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Amazon
Quote | Reply
Why does Amazon advertise stuff that Ibanez just bought to me on the app?

I just bought salt and pepper grinders? Why would I buy the same ones again?

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: Amazon [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
Why does Amazon advertise stuff that Ibanez just bought

I don’t Gibson a flying Fender.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
Why does Amazon advertise stuff that Ibanez just bought to me on the app?

I just bought salt and pepper grinders? Why would I buy the same ones again?

Retargeting is a (relatively) cheap, (relatively) effective strategy for conversation, even though a lot of it ends up being wasted because the loop (you bought the product) doesn't get closed.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I sometimes have to pull up amazon in meetings at work. I always dreaded when I was buying my dad diapers that there would be an adult diaper ad on my screen. For some reason it never happened in a meeting. It is fun to see what other people are targeted with though :-)
Quote Reply
Re: Amazon [andrewjshults] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Interesting. I've thought the same thing often.

-----------------------------Baron Von Speedypants
-----------------------------RunTraining articles here:
http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...runtraining;#1612485
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I want Google and Amazon to have a box so I can check that I already bought this so I can get some new ads.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Re: Amazon [Moonrocket] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just had an add pop up for bras for women over 50. I have no idea why, but assume somehow Google thinks my wife has the taste of a retired lady. It didn't pop at work, but I am not sure I would have been more or less embarrassed by a bra add featuring older or younger women if it had.
Quote Reply
Re: Amazon [Moonrocket] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Moonrocket wrote:
I sometimes have to pull up amazon in meetings at work. I always dreaded when I was buying my dad diapers that there would be an adult diaper ad on my screen. For some reason it never happened in a meeting. It is fun to see what other people are targeted with though :-)

I show Youtube videos in class sometime so I think about that too.

I started listening to The Road the other day and got in my head the question of what kind of guns would be the most sustainable in a post-Apocalyptic world. I watched a video of a guy who seemed like he was pretty sure the end was right around the corner. Now my Youtube suggestions are filled with crazy preppers and gun nuts.
Last edited by: ThisIsIt: Jan 17, 20 10:49
Quote Reply