Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

NPE CABLE - broadcast to iphone and ipad simultaneously?
Quote | Reply
I can't find the answer; however, can I use the NPE CABLE to hook my ant+ power meter to use trainerroad on my iphone and zift on an ipad? Or would I need two separate units? (I've been using the 30pin wahoo key for six years on my iphone, but a simple unit to knock out both would be great)

@floathammerholdon | @partners_in_tri
Quote Reply
Re: NPE CABLE - broadcast to iphone and ipad simultaneously? [cloy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No. Bluetooth is one to one.

Nanoo Nanoo
Quote Reply
Re: NPE CABLE - broadcast to iphone and ipad simultaneously? [cloy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The Zwift Companion App for iPhone can be used to pair with the devices, and then it shares the data with the device you are using for Zwift proper (as long as they are on the same wifi network).

As mentioned a BT device can only transmit to one other device at a time (1:1) vs. ANT+ which just projects out and any number of devices can read the signal (1:n).

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
cloy wrote:
I can't find the answer; however, can I use the NPE CABLE to hook my ant+ power meter to use trainerroad on my iphone and zift on an ipad? Or would I need two separate units? (I've been using the 30pin wahoo key for six years on my iphone, but a simple unit to knock out both would be great)

I suggest getting in touch with NPE. They are very responsive. While it is true that BT has historically only allowed a single connection the newer Nordic SC chips can connect at least two devices. It is a matter of software implementation and it wouldn’t surprise me if NPE offers it.

https://npe-inc.zendesk.com/...027378491-CABLE-FAQs
Last edited by: SummitAK: Jan 14, 20 19:49
Quote Reply