Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

GoldenCheetah v3.5 RELEASED
Quote | Reply
Hi,

We're proud to release v3.5 of GoldenCheetah, a desktop application for triathletes, runners and cyclists.

It is available to download here: http://www.goldencheetah.org/#section-download
An overview of what's new is available in video form here: https://vimeo.com/384576869

Main features in this release are:
  • Sync with major cloud services (Strava, Xert, TodaysPlan, SportTracks etc)
  • Banister Performance Modelling and Power Index
  • CP Performance Modelling with Performance Tests
  • Charting and Scripting with Python
  • Augment with HRV, RPE and Body Measures and Metrics

Thanks,
Mark
Quote Reply
Re: GoldenCheetah v3.5 RELEASED [liversedge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
so can you sync from strava or just "to" strava? Having to download then drop files for me and lack of knowledge on all that limits my use on last version
Quote Reply
Re: GoldenCheetah v3.5 RELEASED [Trimeon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It will upload and download to Strava, in fact at startup it checks for new stuff to download (you need to trigger an upload).

Mark
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Very, very cool, thanks a lot to the team !! [.. with increasing age I find my self more and more thinking about new metrics like climbing meters x weight :-]

___/\___/\___/\___
the s u r f b o a r d of the K u r p f a l z is the r o a d b i k e .. oSo >>
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Very impressive. Linked up to strava after a few minutes. What a great piece of software. Been using it for several years.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looking forward to exploring the new release. I use GC several times a week and continue to be amazed at its power. Thanks to all of you that make this possible.
Quote Reply
Re: GoldenCheetah v3.5 RELEASED [tttiltheend] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Mark, great work. A question, when I input a .fit file with an added data field when I go to edit I see the data in the developer tab I can see the data. Is there a way to move that into the normal data fields and run it as part of the ride analysis tab? thanks
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Running the .exe triggers Windows Defender Smartscreen. Is it that the app is unsigned?
Quote Reply
Re: GoldenCheetah v3.5 RELEASED [s5100e] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
s5100e wrote:
Hi Mark, great work. A question, when I input a .fit file with an added data field when I go to edit I see the data in the developer tab I can see the data. Is there a way to move that into the normal data fields and run it as part of the ride analysis tab? thanks

Developer fields can be added to the ride plot using a "user data" series. You can also add your own tabs/extra data in the edit tab, for example to merge in lactate measures during a workout.

Anyway, to your question. Lets say for example, I have a file which in the edit chart shows an extra tab called "ROW", it has lots of columns one of which is called "STROKELENGTH".

I can add this to the performance plot (aka ride plot), as a user data series under the chart settings > user data, create a new series by pressing the '+' button, give it a name "Strokelength" and a formula XDATA("ROW","STROKELENGTH", interpolate) and that will plot the time series.

Additionally, you can create your own metrics and manipulate the data, but that is probably a bit much for here. The wiki covers this in more detail: https://github.com/...reating-User-Metrics
Last edited by: liversedge: Jan 18, 20 13:18
Quote Reply
Re: GoldenCheetah v3.5 RELEASED [TOMOP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TOMOP wrote:
Running the .exe triggers Windows Defender Smartscreen. Is it that the app is unsigned?

Yes, the public binaries available from the goldencheetah.org website (hosted on github) are virus free. You can download directly from github, where we also publish the 256 sha checksum so you can validate the file hasn't been corrupted or tampered in transit:
https://github.com/...ah/releases/tag/V3.5

Mark
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just a quick update to say the rate limiting issues with Strava that may have caused some new users problems when syncing have been resolved with support from the Strava developer team.

If you experienced issues with strava download the last few days, this should now be fixed.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I though I'd give this a go. I exported all my activities from Strava but when I import them in GC there are many activities (~300 rides) without a date. I seem to HAVE to choose a date for them, there is no option of skipping those activities for the import. I don't really want to try to figure out the date for 300 rides, or even enter a dummy date for each one separately, when I try to assign the same date to all it throws an error that there is more than 24 hours of activities in that day and won't import.
Quote Reply
Re: GoldenCheetah v3.5 RELEASED [TriStart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TriStart wrote:
I though I'd give this a go. I exported all my activities from Strava but when I import them in GC there are many activities (~300 rides) without a date. I seem to HAVE to choose a date for them, there is no option of skipping those activities for the import. I don't really want to try to figure out the date for 300 rides, or even enter a dummy date for each one separately, when I try to assign the same date to all it throws an error that there is more than 24 hours of activities in that day and won't import.

You don't need to export and import, you can sync directly. Just add cloud account under the share menu and sync.
There are no limits to the date and time you set for a ride, but you cannot have multiple rides with the /same/ date+time.

Mark
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks! It might make sense then to present those options to a first time user and not the import from file option.
I downloaded my data from Strava now and noticed some incredibly high max speeds (292kph). I checked and it comes from indoor swim, all indoor swim seem to have really high max speeds. To fix that (Edit > Fix speed from distance) I could fix it by setting the moving average seconds to the actual moved time, but that has a limit of 600 seconds. I also have incredibly high CTL, ATL etc scores because of these. Any work around for that?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TriStart wrote:
Thanks! It might make sense then to present those options to a first time user and not the import from file option.
I downloaded my data from Strava now and noticed some incredibly high max speeds (292kph). I checked and it comes from indoor swim, all indoor swim seem to have really high max speeds. To fix that (Edit > Fix speed from distance) I could fix it by setting the moving average seconds to the actual moved time, but that has a limit of 600 seconds. I also have incredibly high CTL, ATL etc scores because of these. Any work around for that?

Good point on the first timer, we should fix that!

The high ctl etc is likely due to your ftp history being missing. Under options/preferences you will see athlete then zones. Maintain history here.

Mark
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The CTL and ATL scores are fine for the rides and runs, and FTP and CV for run and swim are registered. The CTL and ATL for the swims are the ones which throw it off, for an easy indoor swim I have a CTL close to 300,000, and a max speed of 292 kph. For an easy run the CTL is 29.
The max swim speed is odd, it's an indoor swim, so not registered with GPS.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TriStart wrote:
The CTL and ATL scores are fine for the rides and runs, and FTP and CV for run and swim are registered. The CTL and ATL for the swims are the ones which throw it off, for an easy indoor swim I have a CTL close to 300,000, and a max speed of 292 kph. For an easy run the CTL is 29.
The max swim speed is odd, it's an indoor swim, so not registered with GPS.

I would recommend posting to the gc forums as this is starting to a little off topic for here.
https://groups.google.com/...golden-cheetah-users

Mark
Quote Reply