Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Dash saddles [MDSICT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I ride the dash saddle mostly on the tri bars and can ride many hours like that. make sure the height is right ... slight bend in the knee and full extension
Quote Reply
Re: Dash saddles [Shambolic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Currently debating between the Dash Stage and Tri, can anyone comment on how the Tri/TT performs during climbs? Have a fairly aggressive fit so will spend the vast majority of my time in the aero bars but love hilly courses(Have St.George this year) and so debating if I should go for the stage instead. Any thoughts would be appreciated!
Quote Reply
Re: Dash saddles [BGildenstern] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i personally would pick the strike over the stage.

i rented both to try out from dash. the stage offers absolutely no support for upright riding. the strike offers the rear flared portion for your sit bones. in aero i couldnt tell a difference at all in how they felt.

80/20 Endurance Ambassador
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a Stage, a Strike and a Tri. Stage is basically a UCI legal Tri so these perform similar. For climbing, the Strike may be your preferred saddle. I have a Strike on the indoor trainer and will probably ride it at IMSG myself. I don't think you can go wrong with any Dash saddle. They are the best!
Sam
Quote Reply
Re: Dash saddles [damon.lebeouf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Have you tried the Delta 38 or Type 5 from Cobb? I have a JOFF 55 but am contemplating a DASH Strike if of equal comfort. The prices are the same but the Dash saves 200 grams..that's huge.
Quote Reply
Re: Dash saddles [Rocky M] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
im actually going to be giving the 38 a try. im currently on the most narrow offering from ism and its decent for me and works, but i would prefer a little more narrow.

the dash saddle has close to no padding. be aware of this. up to an hour? im gold. for anything more than an hour it didnt work for me. up to an hour? im gold.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I ride the stage/tri and have never ridden the strike. Once you find the sweet spot on the stage I think it is fine on climbs. I did a big climbing loop yesterday and couldn't have wished for a better saddle aero climbing or sitting up.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Shambolic wrote:
I ride the stage/tri and have never ridden the strike. Once you find the sweet spot on the stage I think it is fine on climbs. I did a big climbing loop yesterday and couldn't have wished for a better saddle aero climbing or sitting up.

i think it needs to be said that it seems the dash saddles are VERY great for those that it works for, but not so much for those that it doesnt. its not one of those saddles that will be a fit for everyone.

Quote Reply
Re: Dash saddles [damon.lebeouf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not to assume too much here, but I wonder if the lack of padding on a DASH is why we don't see more very top tier 1 pros who aren't riding these in Ironman races. Could just be a contract thing too I suppose--I don't know why anyone would ride a heavier saddle if they could find equal comfort for cost unless there was a contract tied to that reason.
It would possibly crush Dash if Cobb would figure out how to retain comfort and drop another 100 grams off their saddles. They do seem heavy.
Last edited by: Rocky M: Mar 13, 20 15:24
Quote Reply
Re: Dash saddles [Rocky M] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have dash saddles on my tri and road bike. Of all the cool and overly expensive add on’s I’ve made over the years, the dash is my absolute favorite thing on both of my bikes. It definitely took a month or so to get dialed in but once I got the ideal position it felt like I wasn’t even sitting. It’s worth using the demo program to test it out.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Shambolic wrote:

I am coming from the PN 3.0 and noticed the other day I sit very close to the tip anyways so decided to splurge on the Tri. Heard from multiple the stage and the tri climb identical and figured if I'm going to drop the cash I might as well save the extra 30g lol Fiancé would kill me if she knew I spent that on a seat but if it can help my saddle sores it will be worth every penny!
Quote Reply

Prev Next