Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Why train easy when you can train hard?
Quote | Reply
As an Australian I have been watching Jack Haig a young rider who rides for Michelton Scott for a few years now and how selfless he seems to be for the team but also so consistent and often the last domestique there as the decisive attacks on a mountain occur setting up his team leaders. I look forward to this year and hopefully he will lead the team in a few bigger races and eventually the grand tours. I just saw his training day yesterday on Twitter and I think a few people will be interested and marvel at his day especially the NP power over 8 hours...

https://twitter.com/.../1216034338019643392
Quote Reply
Re: Why train easy when you can train hard? [Shambolic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
135bpm average is easy.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The scary part is that's probably Z2 for him.

Looks like they are putting in loooong hours at Z1/2 at camp so far (they are pros, they have the time to do 8hr training rides).

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That's not hard. ~290NP/245W average for a guy who probably has an FTP a little south of 400W is maybe a little harder than a pure endurance workout, but certainly isn't an "intensity" day for him.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
447 TSS for 8 hrs is ~56 TSS/hr. That's a 0.75 IF or low Zone 3.
Quote Reply
Re: Why train easy when you can train hard? [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was just playing on the post that was active the last few days 'why train hard when you can train easy' to get attention. Still a solid day in my books based on power numbers alone considering that is averaged over 8 hours and I though people would be interested in viewing.
Last edited by: Shambolic: Jan 11, 20 22:47
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Check out Egan bernals training on strava last few weeks...massive days
Quote Reply
Re: Why train easy when you can train hard? [fulla] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Why train easy when you can train hard? [fulla] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thomas 309km on his TT bike... WTF? If he can run and swim in a few years things could be interesting...
https://cyclingtips.com/...u-probably-shouldnt/
Last edited by: Shambolic: Jan 15, 20 19:58
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Shambolic wrote:
I was just playing on the post that was active the last few days 'why train hard when you can train easy' to get attention. Still a solid day in my books based on power numbers alone considering that is averaged over 8 hours and I though people would be interested in viewing.

Yeah, I get it. I just think that when people hear "easy" they get the wrong impression. It's not "easy". It can be long and gruelling. 30+ hour weeks at like 250+W would grind most of us into hamburger.

The only thing that's meant by "easy" is that only a few hours of that 30+ are at FTP-or-higher.
Last edited by: trail: Jan 15, 20 20:02
Quote Reply