Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Enve alloy hub vs DT240
Quote | Reply
Hello, I need your advise. If you can buy Enve 7.8 disc with dt240 or enve alloy hub, what would you choose and why? Price is the same.

According to some websites enve alloy hub has same weight as dt240 but has similar performance as Chris King hub (which is more expensive).

https://www.roadbikereview.com/...y-road-hubs-launched

What should I get, guys? Thank you.
Quote Reply
Re: Enve alloy hub vs DT240 [Ksavostin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have one set of wheels with each hub. My ENVE hubs aren't very old, but I have probably 20,000 miles on the DT240 hubs. The two hubs perform very much the same. The DT ratchet is reliable and very easy to service. I haven't had to service the ENVE ratchet yet.

The DT ratchet is quiet with fresh grease, but gets louder fairly quickly. The ENVE ratchet is still quiet from new.

If they cost the same? It's a toss up. I might lean just a little toward the ENVE hub.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
toss up... I'd choose either over a Chris King
Quote Reply
Re: Enve alloy hub vs DT240 [spntrxi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am curious, Chris King hubs are known as really good hubs. In your experience, is this incorrect?

Advanced Aero TopTube Storage for Road, Gravel, & Tri...ZeroSlip & Direct-mount, made in the USA.
DarkSpeedWorks.com.....Reviews.....Insta.....Facebook

--
Quote Reply
Re: Enve alloy hub vs DT240 [DarkSpeedWorks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DarkSpeedWorks wrote:
I am curious, Chris King hubs are known as really good hubs. In your experience, is this incorrect?

I think they are overpriced.. not that trying to buy DTswiss hub only is any cheaper but back when Enve sold 240s side by side with CK.. the CK was an upcharge and it was fairly significant.

Stiffness wise I dont notice much a difference either..

I find them finicky with the preload adjustment that has to be done just right... and dont get me started on their ctrlock disc hub and extra step to change a rotor..

ok call me lazy.
Last edited by: spntrxi: Jan 9, 20 12:43
Quote Reply
Re: Enve alloy hub vs DT240 [spntrxi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have never used their hubs, but might at some point in a gravel wheel build.

What is the issue with changing the rotors on their hubs? Any other things I should know about?

Advanced Aero TopTube Storage for Road, Gravel, & Tri...ZeroSlip & Direct-mount, made in the USA.
DarkSpeedWorks.com.....Reviews.....Insta.....Facebook

--
Quote Reply
Re: Enve alloy hub vs DT240 [DarkSpeedWorks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DarkSpeedWorks wrote:
I have never used their hubs, but might at some point in a gravel wheel build.

What is the issue with changing the rotors on their hubs? Any other things I should know about?

it's the centerlock rear hub (I have not looked at others).. there is a lock nut that has to be removed before gaining access to the centerlock area.

I have lots of wheelsets and bikes, but generally run the same rotor/bike combo. That way I rarely have to adjust the calipers as I switch wheelsets.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'd go DT just because of parts availability.
Quote Reply
Re: Enve alloy hub vs DT240 [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a set with dt240s on the XC race bike and the ENVE alloy on the gravel bike. A few thousand on each. Quite a few of those miles are hard racing in not so great conditions.

Both seem quite nice and are still smooth fast and clean behind the seals.

I had to change the Shimano driver out for an XDR on the enve recently. Super simple job— I was impressed. Given the more engagement points on the Enve hub that is which way I would go now given the choice.
Quote Reply